0.7.36: Can't ask about brotherhood recruiter [RESOLVED]

BansheeXYZ

0.7.36: Can't ask about brotherhood recruiter [RESOLVED]

Post by BansheeXYZ »

You don't need a savegame for this, just kill 3 civilians and fast travel out to get the letter. Attached anyway.

The Dark Brotherhood invite letter gives a name and place. If you travel there, his name does not show up on the "Where is > People" tab of the dialog window as it should.
SAVE12.zip
(122.51 KiB) Downloaded 171 times

CharmedBaryon

Re: 0.7.36: Can't ask about brotherhood recruiter

Post by CharmedBaryon »

I've been affected by this for a while as well. I also notice that if I click the logbook entry referencing the letter from the DB it suggests I fast travel to a totally different location.

CharmedBaryon

Post by CharmedBaryon »

To be more specific I see this still in 0.7.146.

pango

Post by pango »

CharmedBaryon wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:17 am I've been affected by this for a while as well. I also notice that if I click the logbook entry referencing the letter from the DB it suggests I fast travel to a totally different location.
Fast travel from notebook in its current state is a bit hackish, it uses the last location used by the quest or something. That works well enough for most quests, but from time to time it doesn't pick the right destination, or even one you've already been told about by the quest. Fast travel to dungeons is only allowed if the dungeon has been revealed on the map, but that's only a partial fix.
It should eventually be refined so that the location names themselves are clickable; But I don't think the two problems are related...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I disagree, it's fine as it is. We shouldn't be turning DFU into a modern switch your brain off click the symbols and links experience. This is just a quick way to get the dungeon names into the travel map because trying to memorise some of the wierd dungeon names, switch to travel and search is a major pain. I like the fact that for some quests you still need to search manually for a town or something.

That's why theres a dialog asking if you want to look for X on the travel map. Player needs to pay some attention still.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

pango

Post by pango »

I think it should at least never suggest locations that were never mentioned in the quest yet; This confuses players, but simply put can also break multi-stage or branching quests where you need to discover the next place to go...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

That's a good point. no idea how to stop that though...
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Vondur

Post by Vondur »

I have the same problem. Dont get the option to ask for the recruiter.
edit: In 0.7.146.
Adventure Art: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLFHRO ... VAelOQrl3Q

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, DARK KNIGHT (No magicka): https://youtu.be/CO_WHL1cjNU

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, MAD GENIUS: https://youtu.be/gPL9xKpvet0

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hazelnut wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:34 pm That's a good point. no idea how to stop that though...
You could try the same solution as pronouns. As the text stream is expanded, the last Person resource encountered is stored and the next pronoun macro encountered will be for that Person. If you did something similar for location macros (store last location expanded) the journal click could use that Place as the target. This would at least filter out locations not mentioned until a specific stage of the quest in multi-stage quests. Generally player is only sent to one location per stage.

This will still be an issue for multi-location single-stage quests (like that gold recovery quest). A good general solution would be to integrate location hyperlinks of some kind into the UI or popup a menu to select from last 4 locations encountered in that journal stage.

That would be my starting point for refinement anyway. :)

Interkarma

Re: 0.7.36: Can't ask about brotherhood recruiter [RESOLVED]

Post by Interkarma »

Resolved in next builds.