Non-transparent Wraith/Ghost sprite [RESOLVED 0.10.24]

MaxiM

Non-transparent Wraith/Ghost sprite [RESOLVED 0.10.24]

Post by MaxiM »

Any way to fix this on my end? Not sure if it's a wide spread issue or just my machine.
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”

~ George Bernard Shaw

Interkarma

Re: Non-transparent Wraith/Ghost sprite

Post by Interkarma »

This is a regression from the early DFTFU days, which had transparent ghosts and wraiths (minus the emissive glowing eyes) before switching material workflow in Unity 5.x. I've not gotten around to fixing this properly yet, so this bug report should serve to remind me later. They will need some shader work to pull off correctly.

In the meantime, you should check out Pango's Charcoal Ghosts mod. He overcomes the current technical issue and they look really great, much better than transparency alone could achieve.

MaxiM

Re: Non-transparent Wraith/Ghost sprite

Post by MaxiM »

Thanks for the info and the hint. I forgot about that mod even though I saw it before. I'll use it as a temporary solution, because you know how I like my DF sprites - original and chunky ;)
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”

~ George Bernard Shaw