KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

found this cave entrance finally and created a better entry
Spoiler!
cave.jpg
cave.jpg (729.95 KiB) Viewed 1892 times

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Nice to see you're back in action :)

That marble roof is basically impossible to change right? Changing it would change other things that use it etc... I'd imagine. Still looks fine.

pango

Post by pango »

Nice water-corroded look!
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yes, that marble cant be changed separately unfortunately...

Anyway..

Decissions has to be made, Ive realized, and already decided :lol:
So DREAM will not support Screen Space reflections.
And its for a better. Full dot.

IF ppl want reflections on the few surfaces which really benefit from it, they are free to use the Reflections mod.

Its not possible to have both SSR ON/OFF looking properly, it needs completely different shader setups and I will not create two versions of DREAM as thats absolutely beyond anything I can afford to do. You can run it with SSR, it will give u some ok results here and there, but its not tuned and thus not officially supported. Performance hit will not be worth it either as very little will change visually (but a lot computionally) - but if u have something above GTX970 OCed, so basically GTX980ti, you dont have to care about it.

So I will focus on wrapping up everything material wise and finally call this nightmare a quit ;)

PS: SSR still have some problematic parts - working properly or not - and these artifacts detract from the overall look of the project IMHO.
Last edited by King of Worms on Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Just want ppl to rest assured this is not a regression. Its more precisely a good decission made after a lot of time spend on the project. You got to focus on one thing to make it proper. Theres more complications to make SSR work than I mentioned. Even the textures would need to be adjusted. And all this just for a few surfaces. Its not worth it and it would derail the project and endanger the final results.

It took a lot of time to come to this conclusion, and Im glad Ive made it.

Also, rest assured the next release of textures/materials will be better than the current one. And Im quite proud of what we currently have.
It will not be a revolution, but a evolution and final polish, those last 10% which take 50% of the overall time...

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Finished/updated the sewers and created the underwater materials. Here I corrected one strange texture "idea" bethesda had. There are two depths of the water and both have a separate texture. Original had the 1/2 depth texture just shrinked full depth texture. In the 320 res it looked ok, because u cant see anything...

But Ive created 2 separate textures, 1/2 depth is made of bigger stones, full depth is half bigger stones and half smaller stones, so when the bottom starts to go lower another variant of texture slowly appears, while the top of the texture stays the same, as it should.

Hard to describe, but its works :P
U can somehow see it in a 3rd screen

PS: For the gods sake, someone PLEASE change the underwater fog to something less cartoony and darker :lol:
Underwater shader would be cool as well.. blur and some distortion
Spoiler!
01.jpg
01.jpg (416.52 KiB) Viewed 1847 times
02.jpg
02.jpg (389.18 KiB) Viewed 1847 times
03.jpg
03.jpg (309.61 KiB) Viewed 1847 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

OK now when all the materials are finally so-so consolidated after months, I can get to the base texture update on few surfaces I did not like too much. Did 32 building exterior textures, those which were the worse. And other tweaks as well. And Im leaving for a weekend :P

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I think I will release next version (RC5) for testing soon.

Materials/textures have been heavily updated (with help from Quasifex - thank you!)

I added sounds, music, cinematics as a separate moduls and I need a feedback on the functionality.
- sounds are based on "cleaned sound clips by Pango" but I worked on it quite a lot to make it even better
- music is produced by Bytemixer (Daggerfall Remastered Music Project)
- cinematics are by Rhymer and upscaled intro by MasonFace

Mobs and corpses have been updated
- 1 new mob wereboar (was previously same as werewolf), wereboar has emissive glowing red eyes
- Gigant Rat has a emissive glowing eyes (now with softer glow and not so bright)
- added some missing frames to frost atronach
- cleaned a lot of errors on mobs (like the "holes" in them) and cleaned the outlines
- adjusted the size of corpses to the size of the living mobs
- adjusted the colors of corpses to the living mobs
- added the AI upscalled blood splatter effect, it fits the new style better

NPCs, Sprites, Portraits - Some additional polish and updates

HUD & Menu has been further polished/expanded as well, added the new Icon Sets

Completely new ai upscaled casting animations for all spells, and werewolf hands when you transmute
and melee combat animations

Added the manual to the main package

Added mods config files for a recommended mods, you can copy/paste them over your settings and get a DREAM experience easily.

Plus many things Ive forgotten ;)
Last edited by King of Worms on Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Baler

Post by Baler »

Really looking forward to the next update. My next character will be a pure caster so immensely excited for the upscaled casting animations.
Keep up the great work KoW & all contributors! *bows deeply*

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thank you, I still fine tune some materials and sounds.. esp the materials are neverending and headache producing task :lol:
I want to have this version basically complete and jump on new things with a new version, which will have a option to finally upscale the paperdolls.
I think I will release it this month, thats the plan at least .)