Screenshot hot key

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
MaxiM

Screenshot hot key

Post by MaxiM »

No, really. Please. Even vanilla DF has it (even if severely limited).
I'm sure people would really appreciate it. It's the small things in life... ;)
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”

~ George Bernard Shaw

Interkarma

Re: Screenshot hot key

Post by Interkarma »

I get a lot of requests, so it's definitely something I'll add in future. But the core issue is where to save the screenshots.

I want the Daggerfall Unity folder to be fairly disposable (mods aside), which is why saves and settings are stored elsewhere to persist across versions. But the persistent data path can be difficult to find for some users and is variable across platforms.

I'm open to feedback from you all. Would you be happy for screenshots to be dropped into the persistent data path (e.g. in a Screenshots folder next to Saves folder) so that I can keep the Daggerfall Unity folder fairly disposable. Or would you prefer them to output to the Daggerfall Unity folder somewhere and you can manually copy them between versions if needed. Other ideas?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

What about an ability for the user to define a path in the opening configuration? If there's no path, an error could appear: "ERROR! No screenshot path set."

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

A setting works for me - although I'd rather set a sensible default and user can adjust it to their own preference later.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I think they should go in a folder parallel to saves folder. I would rather not have yet another place DFU stuff could go.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

For windows I would suggest %USERPROFILE%\Pictures\DFU_ScreenShots
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Hazelnut wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:40 pm I think they should go in a folder parallel to saves folder. I would rather not have yet another place DFU stuff could go.
I agree with Hazelnut

Jaiysaun

Post by Jaiysaun »

Next to saves sounds the most sensible to me.

MaxiM

Post by MaxiM »

Yup. Most games do that so that all the user data is kept in the game's %USERPROFILE% fodlers.
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”

~ George Bernard Shaw