Name and gender macros

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
BansheeXYZ

Name and gender macros

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Report for N0B00Y08:
%g2 needs to be %g3 on lines 17, 42, and 61. You already fixed the same problem on lines 54 and 100.

Jay_H

Re: Classic quest bugs

Post by Jay_H »

Excellent, I've added the fix. Thanks Banshee.

BansheeXYZ

Classic quest bugs

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Quite a few quests have a city value called __questgiver_ in the questlog entry. For some reason, nothing appears when it should be "Daggerfall, Daggerfall". Not sure if the problem is specific to this city.
r0c10y09bug.png
r0c10y09bug.png (24.49 KiB) Viewed 4096 times
Also, I sort of reported this before, but %g3 macro is implemented wrong. It's supposed to be his/her, but it's implemented as his/hers:
g3bug.png
g3bug.png (97.11 KiB) Viewed 4096 times
More to come soon...

Interkarma

Re: Classic quest bugs

Post by Interkarma »

I've fixed the his/her macro now.

For __questgiver_ macro (two leading underscores), this denotes a building name. For example, "The Odd Blades, Daggerfall". This should generally be used by merchant quests, guild quests, etc. For town name, the correct macro is ___questgiver_ (three leading underscores).

The quest shown is R0C10Y09 is part of the nobility set, but nobles are rarely found in businesses. How does this display in classic?

Edit: to answer my question above, this should display "Castle Daggerfall, Daggerfall". The issue is that "dungeon" buildings aren't currently supported by the macro. I'll see if I can fix this in time for upcoming builds. Thanks for letting me know. :)

fall_073.png
fall_073.png (7.43 KiB) Viewed 4070 times

Edit2: Fixed in DFU now. If not in a special named dungeon building (e.g. Castle Daggerfall) it will fallback to location/town name instead.

homeplace-dungeon.jpg
homeplace-dungeon.jpg (189.32 KiB) Viewed 4065 times

BansheeXYZ

Classic quest bugs

Post by BansheeXYZ »

I've fixed the his/her macro now.
Great! As far as I know, "his/hers" (possessive at end of sentence) isn't used by classic, but if you wanted to allow custom quests to be able to write things like "The item is hers." you would need to make a %g4 macro.

Also, I just noticed that classic does not do any checks on the syntactical position of pronoun macros to capitalize them when they're at the beginning of a sentence. That would be a nice presentation fix if you could figure out how. Maybe check if the macro is preceded by either a linebreak, a period, a question mark or an exclamation point, and if it is, capitalize the first character before printout.

Interkarma

Re: Name and gender macros

Post by Interkarma »

I have split this topic out from Classic Quest Bugs, as that topic is intended for a very specific collaboration between Jay and myself. That topic is now locked but Jay and I can still add to it.