Molag bal quest broken [quest NPC in second dungeon not spawned]

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
DRGNphrend

Molag bal quest broken [quest NPC in second dungeon not spawned]

Post by DRGNphrend »

so i wanted to start doing daedric quests on a play though and i started with molag bal. 20C00Y00. it is a 2 part quest each part requiring spelunking through a randomly selected dungeon. the first dungeon was fine but when i was pointed 2 the second dungeon, the quest NPC does not spawn. i restarted the quest several times and it has the same outcome. i even went to the quests section of the forums and copied the most recent quest file to replace in my DFU "quests" folder. still bugged.

Jay_H

Re: Molag bal quest broken

Post by Jay_H »

I played through this quest recently and completed it without a problem. To better get a sense for what happened, we'll need a save game with the problem in action. As noted in the other topics, we'll also need version and OS information via the Bug Reporting guidelines.

Interkarma

Re: Molag bal quest broken

Post by Interkarma »

I will add that changing the quest file does not change the running quest. It is necessary to terminate and restart the quest again (e.g. through console commands). Once a quest is compiled and loaded to quest machine, it will continue executing as it was at initial compile time.