[ADVANCED CLIMBING] Dev build/Linux: infinite flight by casting levitation during rappel mode [CLOSED]

pango

[ADVANCED CLIMBING] Dev build/Linux: infinite flight by casting levitation during rappel mode [CLOSED]

Post by pango »

Found that one by accident, took me a while to reproduce it...

If you cast a levitation spell exactly while in rappel mode, you can levitate away and you'll continue flying when the spell wears off (and even move a bit faster than during levitation itself, pretty cool ;) ).
Attachments
SAVE115.zip
(279.23 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Re: Dev build/Linux: infinite flight by casting levitation during rappel mode

Post by pango »

Easier variant: you can activate rappel mode by walking backward while levitation is expiring; And again fly forever
-- Charles Goodhart

mikeprichard

Re: [ADVANCED CLIMBING] Dev build/Linux: infinite flight by casting levitation during rappel mode

Post by mikeprichard »

Maybe another duplicate of the other advanced climbing-related reports?

pango

Re: [ADVANCED CLIMBING] Dev build/Linux: infinite flight by casting levitation during rappel mode

Post by pango »

The ways to trigger problems were different each time, at least between my own bug reports on advanced climbing.

However Interkarma partially modified advanced climbing since they were reported (say, the switch from hanging to climbing to go over a ledge no longer happens automatically when you pull back, but you can still achieve it by jumping at the right moment), so some of them may be obsolete...
Each one should be retried to checked whether the gesture is still available and can still trigger issues, but at some point the easiest route is probably to close the issues that weren't reproduced, and start over.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I think this one might be resolved now, I can't reproduce it. As suggested, I'll close it and we can reopen later fresh if required.