Villager Immersion Overhaul

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
luciusaries

Re: Villager Immersion Overhaul

Post by luciusaries »

I'm really digging the idea of this mod, but am using KOW's DREAM. How does this interact with that mod's retextured people?

pango

Post by pango »

luciusaries wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:13 am I'm really digging the idea of this mod, but am using KOW's DREAM. How does this interact with that mod's retextured people?
It works ok for the most part, except VIO textures are now in lower resolution...
Could they be processed using the same AI upscaling?
Attachments
vio-resolution.jpg
vio-resolution.jpg (203.54 KiB) Viewed 5263 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

King of Worms has offered before to do it but I wanted it to be more complete before he does. However, it will be awhile before I get back to this so if King of Worms would like to take the most up to date release and upscale it or even make a mod pack for it, he can.

Well, I'll get in contact with him and see if he would like to do some of the unreleased ones as well.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I delayed it a bit cause I decided to add a few new things instead of just letting upresing the sprites. They also need to be put into a modpack so the compression won't bother the already low resolution sprites.

Version 3 of VIO:
-Will now be in modpacks instead of lose files and higher resolution versions courteously King of Worms
-Base portraits for the appropriate races
-Added Ohmes-raht Khajiit's, Wagons to Daggerfall, and more adventurer's
-Other QOL improvements

I can improve it a tad bit more but it's getting to the point that I won't be able to do much with this until its possible to just inject new villager types in the spawns. By then there will be no limit to what I can add, and I won't have to replace base villagers. As I recall, the villager aspect of DFU isn't really modable at the moment so until then, this mod is about to reach it's peak. The download will be available soon.

Spoiler!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Im at it, no compression, no image resizes, no mipmaps on the npcs. This all will result in as crisp image as possible.
The upscaled version will land laters, needs more work.

Azteca

Post by Azteca »

Kamer wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:26 am I can improve it a tad bit more but it's getting to the point that I won't be able to do much with this until its possible to just inject new villager types in the spawns. By then there will be no limit to what I can add, and I won't have to replace base villagers. As I recall, the villager aspect of DFU isn't really modable at the moment so until then, this mod is about to reach it's peak. The download will be available soon.

I just want to thank you for your work so far. It's really a great idea. DFU was my introduction to Daggerfall and I had no idea about the villagers not matching up with the fiction. I am very excited by the possibility of injecting new villagers eventually but this is a great foundation.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

You can get the new version of VIO here:

Villager Immersion Overhaul V3

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Glad I could help, great mod

pango

Post by pango »

If you install VIO V3 alongside DREAM RC5, make sure you make it higher priority than "DREAM - COMMONERS" (by putting it lower in the list using "Lower" button... confused yet?).
Otherwise you get some disproportionate standard commoners instead of modded ones.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

pango wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:49 pm(by putting it lower in the list using "Lower" button... confused yet?).
It's a load order not a priority order. Mods content is (virtually) loaded from top to bottom and what comes after overrides eveything before it. This is how it works for TES games so i expect most people to be comfortable with this approach. Of course implementation is more optimized and look for assets in reverse.

Incompatibilities with scripts mods are harder to deal with, but the concept if the same. If two mods write to the same property, the last one to run wins.