Mouse click location seems to be offset incorrectly until I resize the window. [RESOLVED 0.10.26]

anotak

Mouse click location seems to be offset incorrectly until I resize the window. [RESOLVED 0.10.26]

Post by anotak »

No mods I don't think?

I've been playing in windowed mode. My desktop resolution is 1920x1080p. i have the scaling setting turned up in control panel if that matters. (that sometimes causes issues in other programs until i mess with compatibility options, but those don't seem to affect DF Unity). I haven't noticed problems like this in other Unity games.

Often the mouse cursor click location in menus does not match the visible cursor. When this occurs, I have to click below and slightly to the right of the visible buttons to get them to work. The consistent way to cause it I have noticed is to start the game and then maximize the window. This effect goes away if I resize the window a few times, and then maximize it again. Sometimes resizing it again afterward brings the problem back.

Interkarma

Re: [Win10 x64 0.8.2] Playing windowed, the mouse click location seems to be offset incorrectly until I resize the windo

Post by Interkarma »

I'm not able to reproduce this one. No matter how I size the window, button tracking alignment remains on point. Even when sizing the window to crazy proportions like below.

Spoiler!
tiny-ui.jpg
tiny-ui.jpg (140 KiB) Viewed 4328 times

Do you have free scaling enabled, and are there any particular UIs you experience this with?

anotak

Re: [Win10 x64 0.8.2] Playing windowed, the mouse click location seems to be offset incorrectly until I resize the windo

Post by anotak »

Free scaling is off.

As far as I can tell it happens on all UI screens until I mess with resizing the window. It was going on through the whole character creation, the main menu, the pre-game df unity start menu, the pause menu, inventory, and controls menu.

Like I said, my hunch is that it might be related to the scaling setting in the display options in windows 10 settings, I have it on 125%.

My other potential thought is that it's somehow related to the size of the titlebar of the df-unity window? It seems roughly moved down by that much. I'm not entirely sure the clickable regions were moved horizontally or not. At first I thought they were moved to the right but now it just seems like they're only moved downward when this problem happens.

edit: huh, really weird, I can't get it to happen at all now? I wonder if I changed some setting without realizing it.

anotak

Post by anotak »

OK I got it to happen again. On the pause menu, if I click the very bottom pixel of the top row of yellow ingame-pixels of the "C" in continue, it does not click the button, but if I move the mouse down, it does. and I can click the non-menu space below the menu to click the "continue" button.

I managed to record a video:
https://www.sf4remix.com/anotaks_temp_c ... ck-bug.mp4

The only time I hit a keyboard button in this video is to open the pause menu, never to close it.

I accidentally hit the fullscreen toggle there during part of it and that fixed it that time.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for the additional information. :)