Calendar

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
pango

Calendar

Post by pango »

For all those who never managed to remember Tamriel's month names,
Add a keybinding, or modify "Status" to show a calendar, possibly with the usual features of calendar widgets (highlight today's cell, show next/previous month,...)
Bonus points for gathering quests' deadlines, repair dates, full moons, holidays (as you learn about them), summoning days (as you learn about them),... and marking them on the calendar ;)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

mikeprichard

Re: Calendar

Post by mikeprichard »

Nice idea. Would also need an Apple store opened in Daggerfall city so you could get it as an in-game iPhone app.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thank you Pango!

Would be so cool to have this ingame, the month names are confusing.
And having the data about the holidays etc ingame..

Mod idea! :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Maybe that would fit into the documentation mod that was being planned for in-game assistance & help info?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

What's so confusing about "Last Seed"? Everyone across the entire world and all the varied climate regions, crop viability, and planting seasons knows that's the end of spring, when people in Europe have their last chance to plant wheat.

;) :D
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Narf the Mouse wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:35 am What's so confusing about "Last Seed"? Everyone across the entire world and all the varied climate regions, crop viability, and planting seasons knows that's the end of spring, when people in Europe have their last chance to plant wheat.

Just as one point, remember that the end of a season such as spring does not fall on the same calendar month in the Southern and Northern Hemispheres in the real world.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

mikeprichard wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:43 am
Narf the Mouse wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:35 am What's so confusing about "Last Seed"? Everyone across the entire world and all the varied climate regions, crop viability, and planting seasons knows that's the end of spring, when people in Europe have their last chance to plant wheat.

Just as one point, remember that the end of a season such as spring does not fall on the same calendar month in the Southern and Northern Hemispheres in the real world.
Even in the regions which have a time of year analogous to European spring.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Johnny4Handsome

Post by Johnny4Handsome »

Fabulous idea! It would be nice if it was somehow connected to the map system, so you could see what day you would arrive at your destination as you plan your route, rather than flip back and forth from your map to your journal to check.