KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

Ok the old scripts for up-scaling and file renaming are quite incredible :shock: I must pat myself (and Lacus) on the shoulders, they still work like a well greased machine and just haul thru anything u throw at it! I had the AI upscales of bodies ready, so I just figured out the best way to cut em out from black background which I tested for last few days.

All and all... its ready :lol:
https://mega.nz/#!7nhEQI4C!efdFMeCytit9 ... claiMo0miA

Just noticed one thing about the faces, 2 are similar, so if you can, make the other a bit different, so we have more diversity ;)
Spoiler!
01.jpg
01.jpg (709.35 KiB) Viewed 1260 times
Thanks for a motivation to actually do this!
PS: pls try to stay in the limits of the image canvas, otherwise it would produce bad aspect ratios and other potential problems with masking etc
PSS: small error on file naming of the dark elves females, dont worry about it, I will correct it once u ping it back to me, ty

Thank you!!
Last edited by King of Worms on Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

*Swallows hard*

Welp.... Here I go! Thanks for the work to make it happen: this pack just isn't going to look complete until the paperdoll is finished!

I'll probably report back with each race as I complete them for feedback.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Adrinus wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:25 pm *Swallows hard*

Welp.... Here I go! Thanks for the work to make it happen: this pack just isn't going to look complete until the paperdoll is finished!

I'll probably report back with each race as I complete them for feedback.
:D thanks mate, Im sure you will find a way on how to make em look good relatively fast. The heads are quite small, so no excessive detail is needed. Work on your own pace, no rush. I will try to make the other items like weapons in the meantime.

Also, with the parts like the flat top of the hair, you can make it round, but in a way of deleting not by adding, u must stay inside the canvas for everything to look right. So just use a rubber to make it round, yet a bit smaller. Or I will do that afterwards. ;)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Some of those look quite ok already, some not so much. Plus there are things like a pixel wide lines I will need to remove manually afterwards, these are bugging me, because I cant see em in photoshop... but once I highlight the area and delete it, it disappears from the game.

I saw some clothing like a robes will be also quite hard to do, meaning to make the outlines fit the new bodies... all in all, this will be quite a huge deal to make it all work right. But Im sure its possible given enough time and dedication.

PS: Nords and wood elves have same skin color of the body... thats the reason the faces of wood elves dont fit the bodies.. so really.. the skin of the body should change IMO, not the faces. Basically Nords are just Wood Elves with a wider waistline lol...
001.jpg
001.jpg (415.53 KiB) Viewed 1243 times

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Can you list which bodies go with which race for me?

I've begun working on hair-lines, and have made some progress. I plan on doing all the hair before moving on to faces.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Adrinus wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:50 pm Nice! And obviously I'll clean up straight lines etc as needed. I'll always try to keep the exact same resolution you give me, but if it makes cleaning edges easier, can I resize the canvas without ill effects?
Im affraid and quite sure that if u make the canvas bigger, the result will be a smaller head ingame :X

The head is placed in the canvas, and the canvas is placed in the game. If u make the canvas around the head 2x bigger, the head will be 2x smaller ingame as a result.

So it will be the safest aproach to work strictly inside the canvas. This will also make the masking work etc. Theres a lot of layers here and one change can make it fall appart Im affraid.

Ps: u can change the total dimensions of the image, but it needs to be able to be divided by 4 and the result must be in full numbers, so no 23,5 but 24... and this in both height and width.

So basically, its really best to avoid those changes

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

No problem, I haven't resized anything so far, and don't plan to. I'll just keep steaming through these outlines and hairs and then it'll be a relatively quick task to do the faces from there.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Will post the face vs body info tomorrow morning ,)

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

It's as you said... some of them look nice, others not so much. Some of them look too metallic/liquidy and that's the problem with upscaling original art, detail gets lost in translation. Honestly not sure if I'll use the new faces but the bodies look much less worse!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

emmathepony wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:06 am It's as you said... some of them look nice, others not so much. Some of them look too metallic/liquidy and that's the problem with upscaling original art, detail gets lost in translation. Honestly not sure if I'll use the new faces but the bodies look much less worse!
much less worse :D
The faces are just xBR upscaled, thats why Adrinus will work on it to add the human touch to it.
Bodies are kick ass man...
Wait till its done is my suggestion ;) what u see is work in progress..
Last edited by King of Worms on Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.