KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

Adrinus, the bodies and faces go together by the numbers.

Example
FACE07I0.CIF_2-0.png
FACE07I0.CIF_2-0.png (4.44 KiB) Viewed 1554 times
name is FACE07I0.CIF_2-0.png

so the correct body is

BODY07I0.IMG

The faces which have wrong name (thos 0-1, 0-2 etc) are from a set FACE13I0.CIF

so the corect body is BODY13I0.IMG

Is it ok like this?

I found I made another mistake in naming, it has one "0" more than it should in some cases, but that is not problem for now I hope. I will rename it when you ping it back. But if u want to see it ingame, it will not work now. IF you want to see it ingame, just pack it, sent it to me, I correct the naming send it back to u and it will work for u ingame as well. Sry for the mistake :X

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Thanks! That's what I needed.
emmathepony wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:06 am Honestly not sure if I'll use the new faces but the bodies look much less worse!
I'm not the greatest artist, but the new faces will be the quality of the npcs in taverns and such(since I've remastered most of those the same way).

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

King of Worms wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:21 pm The head is placed in the canvas, and the canvas is placed in the game. If u make the canvas around the head 2x bigger, the head will be 2x smaller ingame as a result.
You can set custom position and size with xml files. See modding/textures/#ui-images ;)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Did some pre-tests on weapons and clothing, I can make it look quite good with ai upscaling.

We will need a lots of info on the clothing colors, which parts have different colors (I think leather boots for example have just one color, but the robes have many) and what colors are actually used.

Weapons will be relatively simple, not so many of those and the variants are clear (ebony, silver etc..)

Armor will be hard core... so many variants and pieces...

All in all, making this work will be gargantuan task, make no mistake.

Plus than all the masking...

Other possibility is, to make the whole screen with the paperdoll upscaled with the shaders. I asked Interkarma and it should be possible. But we need someone who can code - to make the upscaling shader and implement is within the current framework.

Im not sure this will be real in close future. But if there is a right person, I think it might be a work for a day.

I think I might create a thread in the "Mods and features general" forum part, and than link it to the "Mods by difficulty, for future devs" so ppl can see it?

Im not saying Im halting the progress... its just things I have on my mind, since now I understand the scope of the whole paperdoll project in more detail.

clothing - 888 records (not sure how many colors) = ?
armor - 296 recors (times 12 materials) = 3552
weapons - 56 records (times 10 materials) =560

To this add the additional masking and maybe possitional XML files and we have a huge amount of data...

@Lacus - thanks for the link, Ive seen it briefly after a version update
Is there a info on which clothing parts are able to be colorized, and what types of clothing colors are in daggerfall?

Is this even feasible to do? :D

Thanks for reading!

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

I'm making some good progress on the hairs. This is going to look pretty nice once I'm done!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Very nice, those straight lines at the border of the canvas you reworked are exactly what is needed, its a artefact and unwanted byproduct of this type of upscaling. Removing it gives the image more definition and detail. Plus the redrawn hairlines, nice to see :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Skeleton brothers!!! :evil: :twisted:
Spoiler!
DaggerfallUnity 2019-07-13 23-22-04.jpg
DaggerfallUnity 2019-07-13 23-22-04.jpg (439.83 KiB) Viewed 1379 times
DaggerfallUnity 2019-07-13 23-22-38.jpg
DaggerfallUnity 2019-07-13 23-22-38.jpg (431.03 KiB) Viewed 1379 times
DaggerfallUnity 2019-07-13 23-22-45.jpg
DaggerfallUnity 2019-07-13 23-22-45.jpg (416.66 KiB) Viewed 1379 times

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Very nice! Love the glow!

I've been busy too! Here's 20 more hairs done:
ezgif.com-optimize.gif
ezgif.com-optimize.gif (364.79 KiB) Viewed 1353 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Awesome results, they really pop up when you clean it up like this. Ive spend "some time" cutting out the sprites for Dream and to me it was quite a nice part of the modding experience. Anyway, great job!

I asked Interkarma about one bug which was bothering me, those straight 1pixel wide lines I had on melee hands and also with the paperdoll system, where it bothered me a lot, because manualy removing em would be hell. And we found the solution which is quite fast and simple (different texture wrap settings in Unity edito0r) - this makes the possibility of making the paperdoll look proper a step more closer.

Im still burried in materials and mobs as well. I dont want to jump from system to system too much, it took me quite a while to get back with the flow with materials after I had a pause with them. So I want to work on it some more now, until I move on to the paperdoll.

But having bodies and heads ready is a great start to that. Everything else will rely on these base shapes...

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

No worries. I reckon you have almost a month before I complete this project. Hopefully things time up well!