guards keep chasing me

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
jayhova

Re: guards keep chasing me

Post by jayhova »

I'm disappointed that my solution was not the one implemented :( . Maybe I feel like a new popup is a bigger change than the same menu slightly altered. However, I think I just really like the idea of contextual menus. Boy did this thread ever get derailed. I'm not sure if the question of guards that kept chasing someone outside of the original city let alone the original province ever got addressed.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Interkarma wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:56 pm If player selects YES then rest will actually begin. You might even get in a few hours of actual vagrancy before you're roused by the presence of nearby city watch. This is different to classic behaviour that simply does not allow rest to continue.
This is awesome. It takes murderhobo to a whole new level! :) I'm glad this ability's there, since it really adds a few new steps into realism territory.

NoobioDF

Post by NoobioDF »

For me, the pop-up serves the same function, and we get pop-ups for a lot of things. I do agree with Jayhova, that tinting the various buttons was a more elegant solution, reminding me of Morrowind for some reason, and later Elder Scrolls. But you can't easily miss a pop-up in the traditional brown and yellow.

That ability to sneak a few hours of vagrancy and maybe get away with it, is somewhat appealing, but I am surprised it was chosen. It sure isn't classic behaviour. Not sure if this is going to be exploited or just interesting.

@ jayhova

Actually that's why I just checked the thread. Was wondering if they were still chasing you from that save in the new 0.8.6 build. I lean towards thinking that it can't be for the crime you thought you did in that city. Must be something else more dire. But, amazing if it still is happening in another province. Can't think of why it would.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

NoobioDF wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:00 am It sure isn't classic behaviour.
If classic behaviour is the preference, set "IllegalRestWarning=False" and behaviour will match classic exactly.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

I would like to see a handler that is exposed so that a mod could intercept the call and insert it's own function. It's a dream of mine you see that DFU be exactly customizable to what I want. :D
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

NoobioDF

Post by NoobioDF »

Interkarma wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:03 am
NoobioDF wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:00 am It sure isn't classic behaviour.
If classic behaviour is the preference, set "IllegalRestWarning=False" and behaviour will match classic exactly.
It is great that you included the option in Settings. That does seem to allow the best of both worlds. Thanks much for that.