KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks Lacus, corrected the read/write enabled flags (Im sure it was required at some point back than) and set the texture type to normal map for normals. Its quite sad the terrain is so hard to work with .

Pango, I think the no mipamaps bug was maybe caused by not selecting the right texture type for the normal maps. It was imported as a loose files. Anyway, this system is not something I will pour my time into, as to get some ok results, its like fighting the wind mills atm. Ofc it can be done, but no chance in hell I will be the one to do it ;)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

- finished the smooth outlines for the rest of the mobs, plus some animated NPCs

- create the additional frames for the shapeshifting coven, so she shapeshifts into the witch BUT than she shapeshifts back to human. Previously she changed to witch and than skipped to human in 0 frames, and than repeated to change in witch again over and over, which looked bad. I extended animation frames this way at many animated NPCs already..

- added a lots of detail textures to the textures which have been only a upscales of originals, this applies mostly to the city exteriors and interiors

- almost all outside windows are now reflective, those which are not have already maximized material properties (u cant stack unlimited amount of effects on a material)

- further tweaked the material properties, less glossy/smoothness on many materials Ive realized should not be smooth at all, this again applies mostly to the exterior walls, but overall, the trend is to make smoothness less used, only where it really should be

- terrain textures are not read/write enabled anymore, this was a relict from the past and is not needed anymore as Ive found out in recent posts. It should be less RAM intense now.

- some fine tuning of the sprite brightness (will be a ongoing process)

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Phew! That's some complex looking jiggering you have to do with the terrain, I don't blame you for not wanting to mess with it too much more than necessary!

I've got another installation of outlines going:
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif (216.48 KiB) Viewed 1313 times
That's the outlines and hair at about 27-28% complete, to give you an idea of the pace. It'll likely be a similar length of time for the faces themselves.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Adrinus wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:28 pm Phew! That's some complex looking jiggering you have to do with the terrain, I don't blame you for not wanting to mess with it too much more than necessary!

I've got another installation of outlines going:
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

That's the outlines and hair at about 27-28% complete, to give you an idea of the pace. It'll likely be a similar length of time for the faces themselves.
Very nice results mate :)

Yes sometimes its overly complicated and messy.. Im sure it has reasons. But some tasks.. better leave em to somebody else. I would not hold my breath tho...

Yes Its possible to do everything. Doesnt mean I will be the one building a house with a pitchfork - eventho Its theoretically possible 😂

Drawing is the best part of a modding ,)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Left - Old xBRZ
Right - ESRGAN 4x - (Cartoonpainted 5000 and Waifu photo prefilter)

Ai looks very decent and it will be less VRAM demanding as well
Spoiler!
01.jpg
01.jpg (185.1 KiB) Viewed 1181 times

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Wow! That's Way better!

Edit:
Latest Outlines:

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:02 pm Left - Old xBRZ
Right - ESRGAN 4x - (Cartoonpainted 5000 and Waifu photo prefilter)
WWAAAYYY better!!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks guys, and the new ESRGAN is 1/2 of the old resolution actually, eventho it has more details to it. So this will save quite some VRAM and HW resources while actually looking better .)

But its getting really tedious... plus once I put myself into it, I found out - as always - there are some unexpected problems to deal with, which take time. The outlines need hand touch in some places, and I need to fill in the empty holes which are created as I process the images...

When all is done, some faces would need hand touch as well, but thats only 2 images from each set of a commoner (those which appear when the commoner stops in front of you) plus most of em look pretty decent by default.

Adrinus, the new heads look really great so far, it will be much better to pick your appearance from these and to see them on the paperdoll!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ok its done, it was tedious... Thanks god for a Renaming utility Ive found, because removing ".final" suffix from 528 files aint no joke :lol:
It will deffo need a touch on the faces tho. Only on the two up-close frames that is.

I still experiment with how to make it look the best
Spoiler!
01.jpg
01.jpg (792.2 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
02.jpg
02.jpg (816.19 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
03.jpg
03.jpg (618.97 KiB) Viewed 1058 times

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

My hands are obviously still full, but I could put that on a pause and touch up faces for you if you need it done to move on to the next thing :)

They look really really good! Like, I never imagined we'd have proper townies.