[0.8.6 Win10] [A0C01Y06] NPC spawn location does not match journal description [RESOLVED]

Teralitha

[0.8.6 Win10] [A0C01Y06] NPC spawn location does not match journal description [RESOLVED]

Post by Teralitha »

Last edited by Teralitha on Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jay_H

Re: [0.8.6 Win10] Broken Quest

Post by Jay_H »

Moving to Help and Support, Bug Reporting Guidelines:
Interkarma wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:31 pm Summarise the problem in topic title. Just saying "bugged" or "broken" is not a helpful summary. Reports that do not have a good summary in topic title will be moved out of bug reports.
NPC has spawned in The Mouse and Porcupine Pub, The Hearthfield Residence. Responds to click if spoken to, but does not spawn the orc shaman in its place. Likely a problem with the NPC being created at an "athome" location incongruous with the quest's demands. Quest is a0c01y06.

NPC variable used here is:

Code: Select all

Person _master_ face 1 group Group_6.0

Teralitha

Re: [0.8.6 Win10] Broken Quest, NPC Not Appearing As Per the Log

Post by Teralitha »

Its really the best summary of the problem I could think of.

So the NPC appeared somewhere else than the quest reported, but still doesnt work like its should. Got it. or to summarize... its broken ;)

Interkarma

Re: [0.8.6 Win10] Broken Quest, NPC Not Appearing As Per the Log

Post by Interkarma »

The reason I ask for a good summary in every topic title is so that myself and other devs can scan down through a list of bugs and quickly understand what each report relates to. A good summary also helps other community members avoid creating duplicate reports. Whereas page after page of nondescript reports summarised only as "bugged" or "broken" isn't very helpful to anyone and just looks like noise. Thank you for updating topic title - I'll add a bit more information and file it back in Questing bugs.

Jay, thanks so much for the detailed breakdown! I appreciate the time taken to give me the additional context.

Jay_H

Re: [0.8.6 Win10] [A0C01Y06] NPC spawn location does not match journal description

Post by Jay_H »

It seems Group_6.0 is intended to be local. Meanwhile, Local_3.# is sending me to remote cities. This may be good info to resolving these problematic spawn situations.

mikeprichard

Re: [0.8.6 Win10] [A0C01Y06] NPC spawn location does not match journal description

Post by mikeprichard »

Thanks again to Jay_H for helping clean up so many quest bugs, including many leftover from classic. Even before 1.0, DFU is much more polished than the original Daggerfall experience.

Also, just a suggestion to the site admins - since many reports (including quite a few recently) don't initially follow the bug reporting guidelines, you may consider locking the bugs forum to new topics and forcing all reports to be first posted to the help/support forum. They can then be cleaned up and confirmed before potentially cluttering the bug forum with vague or false reports. But whatever works.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

mikeprichard wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:20 am Thanks again to Jay_H for helping clean up so many quest bugs, including many leftover from classic. Even before 1.0, DFU is much more polished than the original Daggerfall experience.
Thank you :) To be sure, many of the fixes aren't yet merged so there's much to be done. A lot of progress has come in improving the quest engine so it matches classic, and I think that's where the big differences so far lie.