Who Knows What happened Here...

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Teralitha

Who Knows What happened Here...

Post by Teralitha »

So I am level 2, just repeating a simple crypt that usually spawns rats and bats. I stop to rest a bit. Right after I start resting I hear an unusual noise, my rest gets interrupted and I instantly die. I was sitting in a corner so I could see anything coming. I saw nothing. For a brief moment I saw the messages pop up and one I saw was "you feel bad for a moment" or something like that. Anyone know what that is? or is it possibly a bug?

mikeprichard

Re: Who Knows What happened Here...

Post by mikeprichard »

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

That link doesnt seem to work.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Hmm, works for me in Chrome. Anyway - you probably died of a disease, which you might remember is a thing in classic (and DFU).

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

I had it happen a little bit later, while in town. I had just been attacked by a rogue type npc in town very early in the morning. After I killed them, I started getting the bad feeling messages and my magika was dropping each time. I walked into a tavern and it stopped. Rested up and was fine. Never seen anything like that happen before. If I was debuffed by something I didnt have any magic icon for it.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

mikeprichard wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:18 pm Hmm, works for me in Chrome. Anyway - you probably died of a disease, which you might remember is a thing in classic (and DFU).
But I have immunity to diseases from character creation advantages. If it really was a disease, I had no indication of having contracted anything. And if it was, would I have died after resting a few hours?
Last edited by Teralitha on Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

If it was a disease, unfortunately there's no icon on the HUD to show it. In Daggerfall/DFU, you have to go to the second "status" popup window to see whether or not you feel "healthy" (i.e. are or are not diseased). It's a clunky UI mechanic that I've requested eventually be fixed here (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1042).

Actually, you were probably poisoned by that rogue bastahd (https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Poison). Haven't played DFU a lot myself since poisons/diseases went in a few months ago; still waiting for 1.0.

Catching up to your questions - yes, it is possible to die from an incubated untreated disease fairly quickly - especially at level 2.
Last edited by mikeprichard on Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Oh dear... I pressed the button to show status and the game crashed....

Well the first time it happened in the dungeon I had been fighting rats and one skeleton.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Damn, you have more problems than anyone I've seen around here... unlucky, or maybe DFU isn't playing nice with Win10 (?).

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Reloaded the game, and it does say I am poisoned. I thought I was immune to poisons also. Does DFU not allow the magic immunity to cover poison/disease/paralyze like in classic? If not that would explain it. I always took that wombo combo in classic. If not ill have to redesign my characters..