Who Knows What happened Here...

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Teralitha

Re: Who Knows What happened Here...

Post by Teralitha »

mikeprichard wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:27 pm Damn, you have more problems than anyone I've seen around here... unlucky, or maybe DFU isn't playing nice with Win10 (?).
I dont think i have more problems in the game than anyone else, its probably just that I notice more issues and/or take the time to report them.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Teralitha wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:30 pm Reloaded the game, and it does say I am poisoned. I thought I was immune to poisons also. Does DFU not allow the magic immunity to cover poison/disease/paralyze like in classic? If not that would explain it. I always took that wombo combo in classic. If not ill have to redesign my characters..
DFU fixed that exploit. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1709&p=20061#p20065

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

So, do poisons wear off or do I need a temple. It doesnt seem to be doing me any harm now, though I still have the poison according to status.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Teralitha wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:35 pm So, do poisons wear off or do I need a temple. It doesnt seem to be doing me any harm now, though I still have the poison according to status.
See the UESP poison link.

pango

Post by pango »

Don't forget poisoning indeed

They can take some time to wear off, and some can be so deadly that you can't wait for them to wear off.
Also, temples cure diseases, not poisoning, at least that has been my experience.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

pango wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:36 pm Don't forget poisoning indeed

They can take some time to wear off, and some can be so deadly that you can't wait for them to wear off.
Also, temples cure diseases, not poisoning, at least that has been my experience.
Yep, all explained in the link I already provided above. UESP is a useful resource for people just getting into Daggerfall.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

mikeprichard wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:36 pm
Teralitha wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:35 pm So, do poisons wear off or do I need a temple. It doesnt seem to be doing me any harm now, though I still have the poison according to status.
See the UESP poison link.
As I already said, the link isnt working, so I cant.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Teralitha wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:41 pm
As I already said, the link isnt working, so I cant.
Copy/paste, or Google "UESP Daggerfall Poison."

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

DFU fixes the bug/exploit where Immunity to Magic also operates as other Immunity options (Disease/Poison/Paralysis/etc.) Now if you want immunity to disease, you'll need to choose the Immunity to Disease trait.

There's also handling for combining racial Immunity with class-based Critical Weakness (e.g. High Elf with Critical Weakness to Paralysis). This High Elf would still be more resistant than a standard character with the same weakness, but not immune as a High Elf without that weakness.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

D
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.