Screenshot thread

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
mikeprichard

Re: Screenshot thread

Post by mikeprichard »

OK, guess I haven't been playing much recently! Still waiting for 1.0 to dig in for real. Thanks for confirming.

Arctus

Post by Arctus »

There are a few models like that used really sparingly around the game. I've seen the armor in dungeons on real rare occasions, as well as like 3D models of axes, swords, and weirdly enough crossbows. Certainly something we could be adding more of around the game.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Yeah, I didn't remember seeing that one, and thought it looked out of place or was maybe added by a mod. Would be cool to see this model enhanced a la D.R.E.A.M. and/or AlexanderSig's mod (hint hint).

Azteca

Post by Azteca »

I'd also love to see AlexanderSig do his thing with it but seeing as most people didn't even recognize the model, I'm sure it's lower on the list of priorities. But one of the cooler ones, to be sure.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Yeah, I assume it's a lower priority if there aren't many instances in the game. But it would be pretty slick.

pango

Post by pango »

It should be mentioned it's already a 3D model, not a flat.
No doubt it could be improved though.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

True; the blockiness of it threw me off a bit - again, it seemed out of place. Not complaining about the great mods we're getting for free, though!

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

I'm suprised to learn that the model is actually in the game, I thougjt that I had discovererd some forgotten cut content. :D

I have been thinking of temoving the armor, since it feel uncomplete and sticks out to much. That or mayve fix it up a bit, just enougj that it fits in with the vanilla assets. Anyone with some 3d knowledge that could help me out?

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

I still think it would be a great candidate for more of AlexanderSig's magic, though again I realize if it's lower priority. Maybe he could chip in sometime?

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

mikeprichard wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:44 pm I still think it would be a great candidate for more of AlexanderSig's magic, though again I realize if it's lower priority. Maybe he could chip in sometime?
I do personally always play with his mod enabled, but my thinking is that a lot of people like to play the game with vanilla graphics and I like them to be able to enjoy the redesigned locations without the graphics change. There are actually quite a few modeks I would like to update, mainly filling holes as many models where deisigned to only be viewed from a specifoc angle. There are also a few tent models that are defenitivtly unfinished that could be fun to reintroduce into the game. But this is getting a bit of topic now. :)