Unable To Turn While Attacking.[SOLVED]

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Teralitha

Re: Unable To Turn While Attacking.[SOLVED]

Post by Teralitha »

Having to edit the files to get it doesnt count as "having it"

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

It does as z.cfg is a just a simple configuration file. So you're not "hacking" anything by tweaking it to suit your needs. Bethsoft devs themselves said in the manual or some readme file that players should use mouselook instead of default cursor based movement and explained how to do so like I did in my above post.

I think they left the default old "dungeon master like" cursor based mode in 1996 just because mouselook was too new at that time. After all, they weren't many first person 3D games back in those days so people weren't used to them.

pango

Post by pango »

Teralitha wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:30 pm Having to edit the files to get it doesnt count as "having it"
You don't need to, you can setup mouse look + WASD movements just by modifying the controls using the UI.
That's what I always did, I didn't know about viewplyr.dat, that must be just presets.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

pango wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:54 pm I didn't know about viewplyr.dat, that must be just presets.
Yes it is, I always set it in z.cfg after a fresh install, then only a few keys remain to be changed.