Question About Unity vs Classic In Versions

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Teralitha

Question About Unity vs Classic In Versions

Post by Teralitha »

Does it matter to DFU what version of classic daggerfall you are using? I wonder this because DFU is installed inside a classic install, and the classic install may be a different version that what unity was designed for.

For example, the classic daggerfall I am playing, is from the wiwiki page, and its version 2.15. But not that long ago it was 2.14, and of course... older version going back. DFU was started before 2.15. Does it matter what classic version one has in relation to DFU? If so, is DFU updated for the changes?

pango

Re: Question About Unity vs Classic In Versions

Post by pango »

2.14, 2.15, You must mean the version of DaggerfallSetup, not Daggerfall itself, that's stuck at version 1.07.213.

I guess it doesn't matter.
According to the changelog, most recent changes concern translations, and Daggerfall Unity is not compatible with translation patches, so you shouldn't use what has been modified in the recent versions of DaggerfallSetup in the first place.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Jay_H

Re: Question About Unity vs Classic In Versions

Post by Jay_H »

A lot of people have had problems using the Anthology version of Daggerfall. The Live Builds page recommends you use DaggerfallSetup.