Cant Find This Quest On The Wiki

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Teralitha

Cant Find This Quest On The Wiki

Post by Teralitha »

I started this quest, and I remember doing it in classic daggerfall also, and having trouble finishing it. But I cant find it listed on the daggerfall websites where it lists all the quests in the game. It starts in a tavern and has you travel around to a few places and then finally a dungeon. Its a multi part random quest, where I have to find one person who tells where to find another person, who is hiding out in a dungeon and has the item I need to finish the quest with the original quest giver.

Here is my save game with the quest in the log. http://www.filedropper.com/save11

I have searched this dungeon high and low a few times and I cant find them and have given up. Are they even in there? Is this quest broken? And why isnt it on the daggerfall site? Any help would be appreciated. I wouldnt bother but I recall doing this quest before and having to give up on it for the same reason. No info on the web, and the target seems to be missing.

Jay_H

Re: Cant Find This Quest On The Wiki

Post by Jay_H »

It's called The Riddle.

Spawn works fine with Smaller Dungeons disabled, and sends me to the void with it enabled.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Wow those steps are so vague, no wonder I couldnt figure out which quest it is. What do you mean by smaller dungeons
Last edited by Teralitha on Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

So you are saying that the spawn in my save game is actually in the dungeon somewhere and I just couldnt find it

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

That's right.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Well Ive given up trying to find this npc in the dungeon. I dont think its in there.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

To confirm NPC, open console using backquote/tilde and enter "tele2qspawn" (without quotes) and press enter. This will move you to the quest target's spawn position and you can try to reverse engineer how to get into that spot normally.

Usually in these cases the spawn is behind a secret of some kind and you need to click something to move a wall or tapestry out of the way.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Yeah I study the maps to find secret doors I have missed, but I couldnt find any. Oh well, next time.