What material are shields made of?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Ommamar

What material are shields made of?

Post by Ommamar »

My current character has a disadvantage of no round shields and no Orcish materials. I find that I am unable to equip any kind of shield with him. I am curious if it is because of the material restriction, or maybe it is not working properly at this time. I couldn't see it caused by restricting one type of shield but maybe that is issue and you can't currently restrict just one type of shield.

Teralitha

Re: What material are shields made of?

Post by Teralitha »

Did you restrict leather amror? if you did, there are leather shields(but they dont look like leather). You can see what shields are made of if you have the launcher checkbox checked for that. I think its off by default.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

I will have to look for that toggle, yes I do think I used no leather as a disadvantage. I could see Bucklers being made of leather but not Kite and the other large shield. Seems like everyone I have picked up says my class restricts use of it, I guess they could all be leather but would be unexpected.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

I have seen lots of leather shields of all sizes in my game at low lvl.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

I put that toggle on you mentioned and I see what you are talking about. I never even noticed that in classic I just assumed all the bigger shields where made of steel with the bucklers being leather and the round shield being wood. It is funny when I see a "Chain mail" shield I have to wonder how would that even work!

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

In classic, the only way to tell was to look at the weight of the shield. Lighter meant leather. Heavier meant chain/iron etc.