Why No Classic Spell Durations? [Solved]

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Jay_H

Re: Why No Classic Spell Durations?

Post by Jay_H »

Cool. So you can rest while levitating if you walk toward the ground, right? As I said?

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

I cannot. I get this "You cannot sleep now." So, the head boss says no, jay says yes... somebody is wrong. That or we are all using different versions of the game.
Last edited by Teralitha on Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Okay.

While floating at the ground, press R.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

How are you getting your video embedded. It doesnt want to work for me.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4RRq1Y ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

Resting while levitating doesnt want to work for me either. Are you using a mod that changes something maybe?
Last edited by Teralitha on Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:09 am, edited 4 times in total.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Jay_H wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:48 am While floating at the ground, press R.
You have to be moving. I have no mods.

The embed requires a youtu.be URL and the [youtube][/youtube] command.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Well you didnt say I had to be moving! You said floating at the ground. Anyway, yes, moving while aiming at the ground does bring up the rest menu after all. Not very intuitive, but it works. Strange that it doesnt work if you are sitting still.(like it does in classic)

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Jay_H wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:59 am
Jay_H wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:48 am While floating at the ground, press R.
You have to be moving. I have no mods.

The embed requires a youtu.be URL and the [youtube][/youtube] command.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ImDfITj4HA[/youtube] Not working for me. Not sure what Im doing wrong.
Last edited by Teralitha on Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Okay. So we've established that it works completely fine.

Is this the point where you apologize for misunderstanding how a proper game mechanic works, telling everyone they did it wrong, and then requiring multiple proofs to show that it is indeed completely fine when the onus was on you to begin with to prove that it wasn't working? Interkarma has already made clear that your modus operandi of walking into a thread, calling everything broken, and then meandering off to some other topic once we've made clear that it's actually functional is getting incredibly tiresome.

Consider your ways. You've been here for three days and they have been very long.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Jay_H wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:13 am Okay. So we've established that it works completely fine.

Is this the point where you apologize for misunderstanding how a proper game mechanic works, telling everyone they did it wrong, and then requiring multiple proofs to show that it is indeed completely fine when the onus was on you to begin with to prove that it wasn't working? Interkarma has already made clear that your modus operandi of walking into a thread, calling everything broken, and then meandering off to some other topic once we've made clear that it's actually functional is getting incredibly tiresome.

Consider your ways. You've been here for three days and they have been very long.
What are you talking about? It doesnt work completely fine. interkarma himself said that resting while levitating doesnt work. he apparently doesnt know your trick to make it work. I didnt, and ill wager lots of people dont. Ive been wrong about a few things, but so have you. Dont start making this personal.
Last edited by Teralitha on Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Nothing personal. When you take other people's time, you say things like "sorry" and "thanks for trying to help." You don't say: "You are incorrect," "Fix Daggerfall Unity," and "Fix this so it works please."