Why No Classic Spell Durations? [Solved]

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Teralitha

Re: Why No Classic Spell Durations?

Post by Teralitha »

Jay_H wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:19 am Nothing personal. When you take other people's time, you say things like "sorry" and "thanks for trying to help." You don't say: "You are incorrect," "Fix Daggerfall Unity," and "Fix this so it works please."
When I told you, you were incorrect, you actually were. That was once. Im sorry for being confused about some differences between DFU and classic. Thanks for clearing up my confusions. I think you are mis quoting me a little bit. I never intended to sound demanding. If i did, im sorry. But when i know im right about something, and get told otherwise, it upsets me. I havent heard you apologize for being wrong either.
Last edited by Teralitha on Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Just to clarify, pressing the rest key initiates an "isgrounded" check to see if player's feet are touching the ground (e.g. not swimming, floating, falling, or climbing). When I said earlier that you can't rest while levitating, I did mean floating in the air. My apologies for misunderstanding what you were saying and not being specific enough on my end.

What's happening here is the grounded check is not working unless player is moving. This is definitely not intended behaviour, and I understand what is happening here. Now that it has been brought to my attention, I can fix it. Sometimes it takes a bit of back and forth to understand the problem. Thank you both for taking the time with me. :)

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

You are the patient one. Im not very patient heh.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Indeed, I was mistaken about the mouse looking matter. I've resolved not to give advice or perspectives about things where I don't have experience. I apologize for that.

If you can keep in mind the need to be courteous with other people's time and efforts to answer your questions, I'll be happy to put this all in the past.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

done.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

All right, thank you for listening. I'll start over and we'll carry on like never before.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I've just posted a fix for grounded levitation check. So long as character's feet are touching the ground (or least very close to touching the ground) you will be able to initiate rest while a levitation spell is active. This will be in next round of builds.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Many thanks, well done sir.