DFU vs Classic Differences: Master List

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
mikeprichard

Re: DFU vs Classic Differences: Master List

Post by mikeprichard »

There are many changes listed throughout this topic that aren't yet in the first post, but here's another important fix in DFU compared to classic (incorrect weapon displayed damage ranges): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2300

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I don't think the dodge fix is mentioned either. Classic uses a wrong input in the formula so that a higher dodge skill makes monsters harder to hit rather than player harder to hit. We fixed this one also.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Interkarma wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:27 pm I don't think the dodge fix is mentioned either. Classic uses a wrong input in the formula so that a higher dodge skill makes monsters harder to hit rather than player harder to hit. We fixed this one also.
Wow, never knew that! That's pretty bad.

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Ok, I either reworded or added these:

Code: Select all

-Armor rating values are understated in the "info" popup.
-Weapon damage values are overstated in the "info" popup.
-The "Dodging" skill makes enemies harder to hit when it's supposed to make the player harder to hit.
-Some static NPCs are mistakenly given the beldam status and will trigger a Witch Coven menu instead of a dialog window.**

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Great, thanks. By the way, are all of the below bugs and issues in the first post still unaddressed as of the latest DFU build? I had thought e.g. the advantages/disadvantages issue and maybe some others below are now fixed.
BansheeXYZ wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:21 pm Bugs & oversights in classic's final version 1.07.213 that have been fixed in DFU (** means unaddressed)
========================================================
-Non-flying enemies can spawn on water tiles.**
-Non-flying enemies walk on water tiles in pursuit of you.**
-Custom classes with a forbidden material disadvantage are able to equip shields of that material type.**
-Being in a shop during its "closed" hours makes the shelves lootable, and you can simply loiter or teleport there regardless of thieving ability.**
-Nothing stops you from buying spells you already have and a duplicate entry appears in your book.**
-A gold sound effect plays when buying stuff from shelves, but not spells, rooms, and food.**
-Static NPCs can reference themselves in the third person when asking them for work.**
-Some advantages/disadvantages in the custom class editor can be added together despite conflicting with each other or your race's natural advantages.**
-The spell effects "Charm, Disintegrate, Drain, Pacify, Soul Trap, and Silence" have elemental selection in the spell maker.**
-The spell effect "Charm" is described as a reputation booster, but pacifies human humanoids.**
-The spell effect "Pacify Humanoid" does not pacify human enemies despite them belonging to that category.**

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Some of those are likely to be fixed by 1.0, but no one really responded to most of them when I pointed them out. Some were already talked about plenty. He'll fix them if he wants, and it's not like anyone uses charm or pacify, so it's not a big deal. You're better off just getting the weapon enchantments for rep boosts, because that isn't broken.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Good point, but several of those (e.g. the custom class issues and water issues) are clearly bugs, which I think may already be fixed or will soon be fixed. Anyway, we'll see soon enough, since 1.0 isn't that far away.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

mikeprichard wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:36 pm Great, thanks. By the way, are all of the below bugs and issues in the first post still unaddressed as of the latest DFU build? I had thought e.g. the advantages/disadvantages issue and maybe some others below are now fixed.
BansheeXYZ wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:21 pm Bugs & oversights in classic's final version 1.07.213 that have been fixed in DFU (** means unaddressed)
========================================================
-Custom classes with a forbidden material disadvantage are able to equip shields of that material type.**
-Being in a shop during its "closed" hours makes the shelves lootable, and you can simply loiter or teleport there regardless of thieving ability.**
Those two should be addressed AFAIK, except that you can teleport into a shop to avoid lockpicking I believe. I've not actually tried it, but it's a valid thing to do I suppose. However you can't just loiter, I fixed that ages ago so please either post a bug report or don't say is unaddressed.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Thanks, I haven't been keeping up. I will remove those.

Added:

-The armor type "Chain" does not show its metal, thus a character forbidden from all metal materials can nonsensically equip chain.**
-Shields can spawn with inapplicable material/construction types like "Leather" and "Chain".**
reworded

-Your race's natural advantages/disadvantages don't appear as null-point entries in the custom class editor, thus you can duplicate or contradict them.**
and a forgotten QoL

-Controls: clicking on a lootless corpse disables its clickability so that nearby lootable corpses are easier to click.[LESS CLICKS]

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Couple more features coming soon(tm):

-Warning message if try to rest in towns
(viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2133&start=20#p26098)

-Spellbook tooltip indicating spell's magic school
(viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2297&p=26915#p26915)