Why does replacing INVE00I0.IMG make it blurry?

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
BansheeXYZ

Why does replacing INVE00I0.IMG make it blurry?

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong here, but this texture acts different from others when I replace it. I'm using 1280x800.

King of Worms

Re: Why does replacing INVE00I0.IMG make it blurry?

Post by King of Worms »

BansheeXYZ wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:02 am Not sure if I'm doing something wrong here, but this texture acts different from others when I replace it. I'm using 1280x800.
Try 1920 x 1200, thats what Im using for this image. On my monitor, its pixel perfect afterwards. Your reso is too low for a fullscreen image

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Alright, I resized the image from 320x200 to 1920x1200, and placed it in my textures dir. Now it's sharp at all DFU resolutions. I didn't have to resize other textures to keep them sharp after exporting them via dfimaging tool. I'm guessing this is because of the built in slots mod needing this? Though the original was still blurry even with that and the info box disabled, so I'm not sure.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

BansheeXYZ wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:58 am Alright, I resized the image from 320x200 to 1920x1200, and placed it in my textures dir. Now it's sharp at all DFU resolutions. I didn't have to resize other textures to keep them sharp after exporting them via dfimaging tool. I'm guessing this is because of the built in slots mod needing this? Though the original was still blurry even with that and the info box disabled, so I'm not sure.
Maybe you have the "Compress modded textures" option enabled in the game options? That could cause some blurring.

I dont know as I never used the vanila resolution for textures/images. I export the file from imaging, than process it, and that always means I will up the resulution as well, than I import it in the game using Unity editor and Mod Builder.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

BansheeXYZ wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:58 am Alright, I resized the image from 320x200 to 1920x1200, and placed it in my textures dir. Now it's sharp at all DFU resolutions. I didn't have to resize other textures to keep them sharp after exporting them via dfimaging tool. I'm guessing this is because of the built in slots mod needing this? Though the original was still blurry even with that and the info box disabled, so I'm not sure.
It's the filter mode. You can change it from settings.

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Its not the filter, I always have it on "point". If you export this texture and place it in the dfu dir for replacement, it will look blurry. That's with no editing in-between. So you're just replacing original with original. I've done this with other ui textures with no issues.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

BansheeXYZ wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:32 am Its not the filter, I always have it on "point". If you export this texture and place it in the dfu dir for replacement, it will look blurry. That's with no editing in-between. So you're just replacing original with original. I've done this with other ui textures with no issues.
Filtermode wasn't assigned to this texture so it used default bilinear. Will respect settings filtermode from next build. :)

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Awesome, thanks for the fix.