Does 'Bow Drawback And Release" Option Have any Effect on Damage?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Teralitha

Does 'Bow Drawback And Release" Option Have any Effect on Damage?

Post by Teralitha »

I see that its off by default. I wondered if it changed damage output by using it, or if its just a preference thing.

King of Worms

Re: Does 'Bow Drawback And Release" Option Have any Effect on Damage?

Post by King of Worms »

Teralitha wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:01 pm I see that its off by default. I wondered if it changed damage output by using it, or if its just a preference thing.
DMG is the same.

Ive noticed that the setting does not get saved. Every next launch of the game I need to enable it again.

pango

Post by pango »

King of Worms wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:51 pm Ive noticed that the setting does not get saved. Every next launch of the game I need to enable it again.
It was reset some times for me, but not so systematically. I suspect that, given I'm doing a lot of tests, it's cleared each time I run an older version of DFU that doesn't support that feature...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hmm but I use just the latest version. I just checked if its ON and it is, but before it was not... I observe this for quite a while. And yes, its not systematical, sometimes it stays on and than it resets. Will check on it some more..

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Teralitha wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:01 pm I see that its off by default. I wondered if it changed damage output by using it, or if its just a preference thing.
No, out of the box it doesn't change the damage or anything gameplay wise - just the UI interaction of shooting arrows. However if you want damage and to-hit adjustments I just released a mod for that.

Regarding the setting going missing, as Pango said this can happen when you start up DFU before this setting was added.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods