Crouch - gameplay purpose?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Ommamar

Re: Crouch - gameplay purpose?

Post by Ommamar »

D
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Ommamar wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:01 am I have never really focused on the stealth system in Daggerfall but even so it randomly seems to occur, allowing me to walk up to a mob without them noticing.
Yes, that's how the Stealth skill works (passive check) in both classic Daggerfall and DFU. Actually entering active "sneak" mode, by making your character move more slowly, merely increases your existing chance of a successful Stealth check. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1831&start=10#p26824. Crouch has nothing whatsoever to do with this.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

jayhova wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:18 am No one with any sense. But I might move silently through the whole dungeon and frequently do. Move silently and get a backstab with a critical strike and bam! Dead vampire or sorcerer or whatever.
Its just backstab. :) Crit strike doenst do more damage.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

Teralitha wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:23 am
jayhova wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:18 am No one with any sense. But I might move silently through the whole dungeon and frequently do. Move silently and get a backstab with a critical strike and bam! Dead vampire or sorcerer or whatever.
Its just backstab. :) Crit strike doenst do more damage.
Yeah, well my skill with crit goes up so it feels like I'm doing something
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.