Poison duration

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Ommamar

Poison duration

Post by Ommamar »

D
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Teralitha

Re: Poison duration

Post by Teralitha »

I have had poison 'wear off' also. And sometimes I die when I try resting. I wish I knew more about how the poisons work also. Ive read info on the web that says poisons never go away unless they are cured. But that hasnt been my experience.

I deal with it now by making a few k gold at the start, then getting a cheap restoration spell and hiding out in the inn until I raise the restoration skill up over 50 or more, then I make a cure poison and a cure disease spell with a high chance before I go out into the wilds. Im practicing all the spell schools currently, before I begin my real journey. takes awhile... but ill be fully prepared for anything.

I have some spell combos that let me raise 3 at a time for cheap casting cost.

Water Walk/water breath/restore fatigue is one practice spell. Made as cheap as possible of course.
Silence on self(lowest chance success of course)mage light, and damage self. Set it to 1 damage per 20 levels I never get hurt. I can get all spell schools to over 50 very quickly and make all the useful utility spells I will ever need. its almost like an exploit really.
Last edited by Teralitha on Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

You need a temple or a Restore Attribute spell to restore damaged attributes from poison: https://www.reddit.com/r/Daggerfall/com ... ttributes/

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Poisons have a random range based on a min/max table value per poison type. The longest is Arsenic which lasts between 20-1000 game minutes. Most of them are much shorter though.

If you can stay ahead of the health and attribute damage (e.g. through restoration spells), you can wait them out. They tick once per minute however, so even just loitering 1 hour can be dicey. Attribute damage alone might be the death of you. Better just to cure poison asap. Poisons are really bad news.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Better stay indoors til you can. Its a dangerous world. Or you could just get poison immunity.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:58 am You need a temple or a Restore Attribute spell to restore damaged attributes from poison: https://www.reddit.com/r/Daggerfall/com ... ttributes/

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Ommamar wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:15 pm I thought that as well but that doesn't seem to be the case as once the poison wore off my wisdom was reset to its regular level before the poison occurred.
There's an open bug report for this one here. I didn't overlook this, but some error in my logic prevents the effect from persisting attribute damage after curing. It's probably a simple fix, I just haven't looked into it yet. :)

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Interkarma wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:47 pm
Ommamar wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:15 pm I thought that as well but that doesn't seem to be the case as once the poison wore off my wisdom was reset to its regular level before the poison occurred.
There's an open bug report for this one here. I didn't overlook this, but some error in my logic prevents the effect from persisting attribute damage after curing. It's probably a simple fix, I just haven't looked into it yet. :)

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

D