Qol Suggestion - Cured Message

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
BansheeXYZ
Posts: 531
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:19 pm

Re: Qol Suggestion - Cured Message

Post by BansheeXYZ » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:48 pm

Teralitha wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:39 pm
What if you dont use the color switch option? I dont use it.
Well, we can always splash highly immersive yellow text across the screen. Maybe even in between a sea of other yellow text?

User avatar
mikeprichard
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:49 pm

Re: Qol Suggestion - Cured Message

Post by mikeprichard » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:53 pm

BansheeXYZ wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:48 pm
Teralitha wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:39 pm
What if you dont use the color switch option? I dont use it.
Well, we can always splash highly immersive yellow text across the screen. Maybe even in between a sea of other yellow text?
I think he was just asking about how the bar colors would be differentiated from each other, not suggesting a text message. See my responses just above yours for what I think is the answer and related complete solution.

Teralitha
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:44 pm

Re: Qol Suggestion - Cured Message

Post by Teralitha » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:57 pm

Im not color blind, and the health bar is green in classic as well.

User avatar
mikeprichard
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:49 pm

Re: Qol Suggestion - Cured Message

Post by mikeprichard » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:00 pm

Teralitha wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:57 pm
Im not color blind, and the health bar is green in classic as well.
OK, that's what I realized after the fact (I and probably other color-blind people see it as yellow) - see my post above.

Teralitha
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:44 pm

Re: Qol Suggestion - Cured Message

Post by Teralitha » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:30 pm

How do you know what yellow is then if you are color blind ;)

User avatar
mikeprichard
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:49 pm

Re: Qol Suggestion - Cured Message

Post by mikeprichard » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:41 pm

Teralitha wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:30 pm
How do you know what yellow is then if you are color blind ;)
I have to rely on the kindness of strangers! Always a crapshoot when I'm sent to buy bananas though - half the time they're not ripe. Life is tough.

Teralitha
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:44 pm

Cure {condition} Effect/Messages

Post by Teralitha » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:33 pm

Currently when we cure poison on ourselves, there is no obvious indication that the spell worked. I am wondering if we could make is so that you are unable to cast the cure spell(for any cure) if you do not meet the conditions. ie, are not poisoned etc. This would be just like when you try to cast a touch spell with no target, it just cant be cast. Additionally, a message up top simply saying your (condition) was cured, and if so, another message that says "you are not poisoned etc" if you try to cast the spell.

User avatar
Jay_H
Posts: 2976
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:54 am

Re: Cure {condition} Effect/Messages

Post by Jay_H » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:40 pm

I'm going to merge with viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2296. I don't see them as different enough to merit a new topic.

Teralitha
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:44 pm

Re: Qol Suggestion - Cured Message

Post by Teralitha » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:18 pm

Hm, well one is about icons to indicate you are poisoned/diseased, the other is for an indication of having been cured. They are different, but related. So long as we get a solution for both.

BansheeXYZ
Posts: 531
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:19 pm

Re: Qol Suggestion - Cured Message

Post by BansheeXYZ » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:44 pm

Teralitha wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:18 pm
Hm, well one is about icons to indicate you are poisoned/diseased, the other is for an indication of having been cured. They are different, but related. So long as we get a solution for both.
Icons are currently used to indicate magical buffs/debuffs, of which there are many. I've seen characters with like 8 of these icons on their screen at all times from all the enchanted equipment they're wearing. If the goal is to make it obvious the moment you're poisoned during battle, throwing more icons on the screen doesn't seem like a great plan.

Post Reply