Qol Suggestion - Cured Message

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
BansheeXYZ

Re: Qol Suggestion - Cured Message

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Teralitha wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:39 pmWhat if you dont use the color switch option? I dont use it.
Well, we can always splash highly immersive yellow text across the screen. Maybe even in between a sea of other yellow text?

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

BansheeXYZ wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:48 pm
Teralitha wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:39 pmWhat if you dont use the color switch option? I dont use it.
Well, we can always splash highly immersive yellow text across the screen. Maybe even in between a sea of other yellow text?
I think he was just asking about how the bar colors would be differentiated from each other, not suggesting a text message. See my responses just above yours for what I think is the answer and related complete solution.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Im not color blind, and the health bar is green in classic as well.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Teralitha wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:57 pm Im not color blind, and the health bar is green in classic as well.
OK, that's what I realized after the fact (I and probably other color-blind people see it as yellow) - see my post above.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

How do you know what yellow is then if you are color blind ;)

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Teralitha wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:30 pm How do you know what yellow is then if you are color blind ;)
I have to rely on the kindness of strangers! Always a crapshoot when I'm sent to buy bananas though - half the time they're not ripe. Life is tough.

Teralitha

Cure {condition} Effect/Messages

Post by Teralitha »

Currently when we cure poison on ourselves, there is no obvious indication that the spell worked. I am wondering if we could make is so that you are unable to cast the cure spell(for any cure) if you do not meet the conditions. ie, are not poisoned etc. This would be just like when you try to cast a touch spell with no target, it just cant be cast. Additionally, a message up top simply saying your (condition) was cured, and if so, another message that says "you are not poisoned etc" if you try to cast the spell.

Jay_H

Re: Cure {condition} Effect/Messages

Post by Jay_H »

I'm going to merge with viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2296. I don't see them as different enough to merit a new topic.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Hm, well one is about icons to indicate you are poisoned/diseased, the other is for an indication of having been cured. They are different, but related. So long as we get a solution for both.

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Teralitha wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:18 pm Hm, well one is about icons to indicate you are poisoned/diseased, the other is for an indication of having been cured. They are different, but related. So long as we get a solution for both.
Icons are currently used to indicate magical buffs/debuffs, of which there are many. I've seen characters with like 8 of these icons on their screen at all times from all the enchanted equipment they're wearing. If the goal is to make it obvious the moment you're poisoned during battle, throwing more icons on the screen doesn't seem like a great plan.