Dungeon Maps

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Ommamar

Dungeon Maps

Post by Ommamar »

D
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikeprichard

Re: Dungeon Maps

Post by mikeprichard »

Lots of discussion here - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=163

pango

Post by pango »

There's no such thing as a floor or level on may (most?) Daggerfall dungeons though, unlike say Arena.
I don't really see how one could get this to work...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Smaller dungeons option isn't related to map usage, it's there to make random dungeons smaller and faster to play through. There's no way this is going to be a transitional feature, feedback has been much too positive. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Imagine a semi-transparent plane (light blue on top, dark blue on bottom) that could intersect with a certain subsection of the dungeon map. As you use the right mouse button to move the visible span up and down, as already implemented, you can see "upward slopes" as light blue and "downward slopes" as dark blue. If no section of the dungeon intersects with the plane, it'll be normal-colored.

You are aware of the right mouse button's ability to move up and down the visible map section, right Ommamar?

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

I think DFU map feature is quite good. I see no reason to spend time changing it. Maybe a modder can create a mod to change it to their liking.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Jay_H wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:21 pm Imagine a semi-transparent plane (light blue on top, dark blue on bottom) that could intersect with a certain subsection of the dungeon map. As you use the right mouse button to move the visible span up and down, as already implemented, you can see "upward slopes" as light blue and "downward slopes" as dark blue. If no section of the dungeon intersects with the plane, it'll be normal-colored.

You are aware of the right mouse button's ability to move up and down the visible map section, right Ommamar?
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

mikeprichard wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:04 pm Lots of discussion here - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=163
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

I agree the dungeon automapping still isn't ideal, but that's more due to the insane complexity of most of classic's dungeon maps. Nystul has done some fantastic work getting mapping into a more usable state.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

mikeprichard wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:59 am I agree the dungeon automapping still isn't ideal, but that's more due to the insane complexity of most of classic's dungeon maps. Nystul has done some fantastic work getting mapping into a more usable state.