Repairing enchanted items?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
BansheeXYZ

Re: Repairing enchanted items?

Post by BansheeXYZ »

I like the idea of putting it in and making it cost 10x more than a regular item to repair. It would give the player something to spend gold on lategame, because let's face it, gold becomes pretty useless mid to lategame when you own a house and top level equipment. You just keep getting gobs of it and nothing to spend it on.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Making the repairs cost more isn't a bad idea in itself, probably for a mod, but I was just suggesting the existing toggle be exposed in the DFU options - without any changes to the classic functionality of this .ini option - to make it less inconvenient and confusing to access and more visible for people who want to use this popular "cheat".

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Pretty minor "cheat" by Dfall standards too, compared to invincibility or show all dungeons. Unless it's an artifact, just making another one isn't much harder. Stockpile equipment in your house or cart and when something breaks, craft it again with nothing but free gold, no rare ingredients needed. People must not realize that The Temple of Julianos has an item maker, so it's not like you're OOL if you don't qualify for the MG.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Right, and again, whether it's a "cheat" is in any case probably irrelevant here. I think it's more important to consider whether this option is a common request among players that would therefore benefit from the convenience of an in-game toggle, and from what I've seen here and elsewhere, it seems to be.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This toggle has been added now. From next builds, it can be found in Advanced > Enhancements.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Great! Much appreciated.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Just suggesting the option be logically included next to the existing "Instant repair services" option, which as of 0.8.6 is in the Advanced-Gameplay rather than Advanced-Enhancements section. Also, a nitpick: "GamePlay" should be "Gameplay". :)

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

D
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Ommamar, FYI re: your first point, as explained a bit earlier in the topic, this DFU option will simply expose to the in-game settings what was always an option in both DFU and classic Daggerfall through the .cfg files outside the game engine; it's not proposing any changes to that classic option otherwise. I was just suggesting the placement of the option in the in-game settings be adjusted to the same section as the existing option for instant repairs, as they're thematically similar.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

D
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.