OpenTESArena 0.9.0 Released!

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
afritz1

OpenTESArena 0.9.0 Released!

Post by afritz1 »

Hello all, here is another release for my Arena engine. In this version, I added distant land, sky, and space rendering, and the ability to enter and exit palaces. Sorry for not posting the previous release here, but it looks like someone's got my back :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erflKPFAIOU

By the way, I'm excited about DF Unity approaching 1.0 sometime in the not-too-distant future! Good luck!

Interkarma

Re: OpenTESArena 0.9.0 Released!

Post by Interkarma »

Looks amazing! Congrats on making such incredible progress. :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks 4 update.. that sunset was stunning!!
Im glad for this project. Arena engine never really worked on my pc. So this means one day I might be able to actually play it in this modernized state!

afritz1

Post by afritz1 »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:00 am Im glad for this project. Arena engine never really worked on my pc. So this means one day I might be able to actually play it in this modernized state!
Thanks. Let's hope so. There's still a lot of work to do, but the strategy of 'slow and steady wins the race' has been working well so far.

Azteca

Post by Azteca »

I just found out about this project thanks to Interkarma's retweet! So neat! Congrats on the work you've done so far. It seems like it will really fill a need in the community. I watched LGR's video on Arena and it seems like stability is a huge problem. Plus it's so pretty :mrgreen:

Indigo

Post by Indigo »

Damn, seeing Arena in full 60fps with mouselook is so satisfying, really looking forward to trying out the project. Great work!

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Nice progress! The starry sky is simply amazing.

Johnny4Handsome

Post by Johnny4Handsome »

Just stumbled onto this, and wow! Incredible work so far. I'm really happy to see Arena get some love and attention, since it consistently gets overlooked for other games in the series. Keep up the great work and please continue to fill us in on your progress! :D

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Well if daggerfall can be upgraded through unity, Arena certainly can too. They are very similar. Now if only someone would do the same thing for Birthright:Gorgons Alliance....

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Teralitha wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:43 pm Well if daggerfall can be upgraded through unity, Arena certainly can too. They are very similar. Now if only someone would do the same thing for Birthright:Gorgons Alliance....
It's actually a custom, homebrew engine, if I read the project right.

Which just makes it more impressive.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.