Hand to hand

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Ommamar

Hand to hand

Post by Ommamar »

D
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikeprichard

Re: Hand to hand

Post by mikeprichard »

Ommamar wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:34 am One thing I did like that as a Khajiit was that I hiss/growl when I hit or am hit, not sure if that is just a hand to hand thing but it was a nice little touch.
That's one of the DFU options, and isn't specific to hand-to-hand.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

I wouldnt consider anything OP in classic. Heck even in my current game I sometimes one shot vampires with a regular deadric axe. Makes one believe that crit strike does damage even tho it supposedly doesnt. That or the vampires are spawning with very low health sometimes.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Teralitha wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:41 am Makes one believe that crit strike does damage even tho it supposedly doesnt.
It doesn't, as already discussed based on the game code - like you say, you can just do a lot of damage with better stats and/or equipment in both classic and DFU. When you're doing more damage, that's because that particular hit was at the higher end of your weapon's damage range.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

mikeprichard wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:48 am
Teralitha wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:41 am Makes one believe that crit strike does damage even tho it supposedly doesnt.
It doesn't, as already discussed based on the game code - like you say, you can just do a lot of damage with better stats and/or equipment in both classic and DFU. When you're doing more damage, that's because that particular hit was at the higher end of your weapon's damage range.
I know that, what im suggesting is that sometimes perhaps powerful monsters are spawning with very low health. Low enough that one strike kills them. In my example of a daedric axe, which does 8-22 damage + str, which I think is +5, would mean that they were spawning with 27 hp or less. That seems unusual for a vampire. According to the wiki their health ranges from 28-154. So it would appear that a hit of 27 to one shot them is impossible.

EDIT: Just checked in game, I have 95 str, and it says I have +9 damage, so a hit of 28+ damage is actually possible for me after all. 18-31 for a daedric axe. Well.. Im doing more damage than I thought. Its just surprising to occasionally one shot a vampire but it is definitely possible if they spawn with low enough health.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Yeah, but your "supposedly" made me think you still believed Critical Strike might have some effect on damage. But looks like you've figured it out. Between randomized values within player damage ranges and randomized values within monster spawn HP, there ya go.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

I can see how my wording might have suggested that. Sorry for the illusion confusion.