Slippers

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Ommamar

Slippers

Post by Ommamar »

So I found these slippers on a giant I killed for a quest, they are magical, they have a green background to them and I can't use my id spell or the NPC who identifies at the mages guild. In fact I got demoted when I talked to him! Anyone tell me what is up with them?
Attachments
SAVE10.zip
(266.95 KiB) Downloaded 70 times

Ommamar

Re: Slippers

Post by Ommamar »

I also just realized something my faction reputation with the thieves guild is 25 but I am still an apprentice. It is the same character whose save file is attached.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

There aren't any Slippers in your save game, or an active quest for a giant. I talked to the Mages Guild questgiver and he didn't demote me.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

How very weird I loaded that save and I don't see them either, check this one please.
Attachments
SAVE9.zip
(176.3 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Hmm, two behaviors at work here.

1. Since it's a quest item, it can't "leave" the inventory to be identified.

2. My iteration of the quest expired and I still have the sandals, green background included. Even if I purge all quests in the console the sandals remain. Ordinarily a quest item will either become permanent (normal) or disappear when its parent quest stops existing.

As for the Mages Guild demotion, that's unrelated. You're at a low enough reputation to not merit Journeyman status.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Right which is why I picked them up when I saw them but the quest was just to kill the giants not recover an item. I haven't seen a you are demoted message before I just didn't get the promotion if my rank wasn't there so I thought maybe they where cursed sandals or something.

As for the faction question it wasn't so much about the mage guild but the fact that my reputation with the thieves guild is 25 but I had never gotten a promotion on that build. The only quest they have offered is go take an item to a family and bring back what they had stolen which I believe is a beginner quest.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

The cursed slippers of irreproducible game bug quest is a pretty challenging one. I defeated one such quest. Good luck
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.