Bug w/ Brisienna's 1st letter

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
SnowPyr

Bug w/ Brisienna's 1st letter

Post by SnowPyr »

First letter from Brisienna says
I will take a room at an inn, The Red Priest in The Mouse and Porcupine Pub of Daggerfall, for a month...
I thought that was odd as it seems to list 2 different inns. After visiting every inn of Daggerfall, there is neither a "Red Priest" nor a "Mouse and Porcupine". Is there a way to debug or reset it? Or should I just start over from an earlier save and cross my fingers?

SnowPyr

Re: Bug w/ Brisienna's 1st letter

Post by SnowPyr »

OMG, I'm an idiot! "The mouse and Porcupine Pub" is the name of a town in the region of Daggerfall. Weird, but not a bug per se, unless the town names and tavern names have somehow gotten mixed up.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums! Good job for figuring it out. This is perfectly standard Daggerfall. :)

There are loads of "taverns" locations that have one or more pubs in them. I think in the fiction they're supposed to be traveller's stops or small one-pub towns. But it's confusing how the names are set up. I remember this confusing me way back as well.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

SnowPyr wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:16 pm OMG, I'm an idiot! "The mouse and Porcupine Pub" is the name of a town in the region of Daggerfall. Weird, but not a bug per se, unless the town names and tavern names have somehow gotten mixed up.
No worries it is confusing how it is written. One nice feature you might not be aware of is that you can click locations for quests from your log and it will bring up the map with the location already selected. I don't think it works on letters with location but I will have to try as it never occurred to me it might be possible. Anyway it is a very handy feature although it doesn't work for the return trip.

SnowPyr

Post by SnowPyr »

Nice tip, thanks!