Quest length

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Jay_H

Re: Quest length

Post by Jay_H »

Ommamar wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:14 pm I know you can see your current rating and reputation with any guild you are in, I was referring to the groups you can see at character creation such as underworld, nobility, merchants, etc, etc.
No, those are rough groupings of hundreds of different factions in the game. They just provide a few general boosts to those groups, so it isn't possible to return to this same view and see how it's evolved.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

D
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

pango

Post by pango »

Ommamar wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:14 pm It is not game breaking by any means just was surprised that a random quest like that would have such a long completion time.
Quest completion times are based on travel times; I guess this was a quest to a remote dungeon, and/or one of those quests where you have to visit several dungeons in sequence. Also if you're on foot, travel times are doubled, etc.
Ommamar wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:14 pm I know you can see your current rating and reputation with any guild you are in, I was referring to the groups you can see at character creation such as underworld, nobility, merchants, etc, etc.
Internally they're actually over a hundred factions, see this thread on this topic.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

D