Stuck

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Ommamar

Stuck

Post by Ommamar »

Just got stuck in hanging mode I tried slowfall and levitate but couldn't move, I am sure I could of ported out but didn't try it. Here is save file.
Attachments
SAVE24.zip
(129.03 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

Interkarma

Re: Stuck

Post by Interkarma »

Climbing state doesn't persist in saves. Do you mean that you're stuck in between geometry somewhere?

One way of getting unstuck without porting out is to aim the crosshair at a nearby bit of ground and use "teleport" command from console to blink to that spot. If you find that you blink through the ground, try "groundme" to zip back to the last grounded position.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Interkarma wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:46 am Climbing state doesn't persist in saves. Do you mean that you're stuck in between geometry somewhere?

One way of getting unstuck without porting out is to aim the crosshair at a nearby bit of ground and use "teleport" command from console to blink to that spot. If you find that you blink through the ground, try "groundme" to zip back to the last grounded position.
Oh ok I will keep it in mind. I was in hanging mode at the bottom of a shaft over water and couldn't move. I didn't open the console just tried to levitate and cast slowfall. So do you just end up in the water when you load that save? If so might be a quicker way around that then console commands which I now know a total of the two you just told me.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

The save is in the void with no gravity. I dunno how you got there, and my usual tricks to get free failed :) Teleporting out one way or another is your key.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Jay_H wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:35 am The save is in the void with no gravity. I dunno how you got there, and my usual tricks to get free failed :) Teleporting out one way or another is your key.
Well I was trying to use slow fall hit the wall then I was in climbing mode which went to hanging mode when I hit the bottom of the shaft. I reloaded it and was still stuck but the console teleport command interkarma mentioned got me down of it, I had already reloaded the quick save so didn't really need it as I had moved on and just saved so I could post the files here. It is nice to know of that work around if something similar happens again.