Alt Tab Possible Memory Leak

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Teralitha

Alt Tab Possible Memory Leak

Post by Teralitha »

When I alt tab for a few minutes, no problem. If I alt tab for several minutes, it can take several seconds to a minute for the game to 'catch up' but then its fine. When I alt tab for like an hour, I have to reboot my PC to clear it up. Forcing the game to shutdown, which by the way takes a very long time waiting for windows to open and close, affects my PC even after the game is closed to the point I have to reboot, or do forced shutdown.

This appears to be causing my RAM to get filled up, and closing the game doesnt clear it.(when its been alt tabbed for like an hour or more that is) If I am able to close the game using the normal "exit" button, then when the game closes everything is fine. Its only when I am not able to close the game normally that it messes up my PC. Im not a computer expert so I dont really know whats happening.

Teralitha

Re: Alt Tab Possible Memory Leak

Post by Teralitha »

Doesnt this happen to anyone else?