The Big Hello Thread

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Dalebvr

Re: The Big Hello Thread

Post by Dalebvr »

I'd almost forgotten about that one! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thamriel_of_tamriel

Post by thamriel_of_tamriel »

Hi All,

I wanted to find somewhere to express my appreciation for this project and say hello.

I never played the original Daggerfall in its time. I became interested in TES through Skyrim, which led me to Oblivion (really enjoyed it), which led me to Morrowind (LOVED it), which led me to Vanilla Daggerfall. I could tell Vanilla Daggerfall had even more of what I wanted in a game than the later titles, but oof, that UI! I tried and tried, but I have become so accustomed to the user experience of modern gaming that I couldn't do it.

So, I started looking around online to see what modders were doing with the game. That was maybe 3 years ago, and Daggerfall Unity was not really ready for a playthrough, but seemed so promising and exciting. I came back to it about a year ago, and even created this forum account so I could post a bug report and be a part of the process. By then, Daggerfall Unity had really come a long way, and I played around for a few months, but it still wasn't quite ready for a full playthrough. I just checked in with the roadmap today, a year later, and I cannot believe how much work has been done by Interkarma and the community here.

I can't wait to download a fresh build and finally have my first real playthrough of Daggerfall. Thanks so much to all the passionate developers and community members who made that possible. I've been waiting to play Daggerfall for the longest time.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

This in not worth own thread, so...
Ill post it here as a idea for a new comers :D
We should send one to at least Interkarma when DFU reaches 1.0 :lol:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/grumpy ... cts_swiper

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

My wife gifted me a Daggerfall tee a couple of years back. :D It's very special she supports my gamedev passion or life would be a lot harder. She's actually the reason I started work on Daggerfall Tools for Unity in 2014. It was her idea, so technically she's the one who set this whole thing in motion.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

Maybe we should send your wife something nice. :D
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Metalhead324

Post by Metalhead324 »

Hi everyone! I've been hanging out on the discord for a few days (same username as here) but figured I should sign up here. I found the link to the discord here, and have been following DFU on some level for at least a year, but didn't actually try it out until the last build before alpha, which was when I checked in and saw lycanthropy had been added in a version or two prior. I played classic Daggerfall way back in the day, long before I was of appropriate age to actually do so (and when I was about the same age as the middle schoolers I teach...IE 11-14). Didn't actually complete a playthrough to the end until last year, though. And now I'm enjoying this remake, trying out mods, and now just testing something I'll probably eventually post about in the relevant subforum, but I have brought it up on the discord.

I'm no developer, but my husband works in Unity pretty much all the time as a software engineer. When I showed him all this, he immediately dove right into the Github and apparently was particularly interested in the mod management system both personally and professionally. He had some interest in possibly trying out creating a few mods. I've been enjoying playing DFU quite a bit and fooling around with mods, and really, this project is in a word, awesome. The amount of work that's been going in for the last few years really is incredible, and seeing it this close to completion is even moreso. All the people who made this happen deserve a ton of credit for sticking with it all this long.
Unofficial fan discord server https://discord.gg/NCrDfzSMpz

Dalebvr

Post by Dalebvr »

....Or we could be outing ourselves generationally. After all, the bulk of people here fought their way through the dungeons and crashes of the original release, damned and determined that no mere game was going to defeat us. Or as one graphic defined it:
815061735.jpg
815061735.jpg (44.08 KiB) Viewed 5482 times

Of course DF'ers get that way for each major dungeon.....

I've always loved that jpeg.

OMightyBuggy

Post by OMightyBuggy »

Hello everyone! Long time lurker and an even longer time Daggerfall fan. Going to be posting a lot now. :)

BUBISHI

Post by BUBISHI »

HI guys,

I started reading this forum one year ago when I downloaded DFU for the first time. Never got far with it then, but with the Aplha Release I decided to give it another go. I'm a big fan of the Elder Scrolls and this project is fantastic. Thanks to Interkarma and the dev team for all the time and work put into it.

srk:.

Post by srk:. »

Hello!
I was following this fantastic project for a long time and I decided to join the forum say how much I appreciate it.