Non-Existent NPCs?

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
ferretofdoom

Non-Existent NPCs?

Post by ferretofdoom »

First off, this is a dream come true. I love Daggerfall Unity.

My last 2 individual NPC quests appear impossible to complete, however.
The first is the quest to rescue a child from the Dark Brotherhood in a random house.
The second is the one where you are falsely accused of stealing, become hated, and have to confront someone in a random house after receiving a letter telling you to do so.

In both cases, the NPC quest targets are not at their respective houses. I tried teleporting to the quest objective, but it's just an empty area of the house, and randomly clicking suggests they're not just invisible. I am not sure how to proceed.

Any ideas?

Jay_H

Re: Non-Existent NPCs?

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome to the forums :) Can you post a save game in the middle of each situation?

ferretofdoom

Post by ferretofdoom »

Thank you so much! Daggerfall ate so much of my teenaged years. This is so exciting :)

I have attached the save file stuff. Both quests came up around the same time--the rescue was started first then ignored when unsolvable, started the new one, and that's where I'm stuck. Both are active.

One point of reference... Two adjacent NPCs in an inn gave me 2 rescue quests (the child taken by Dark Brotherhood). I started both. I completed one successfully, but the second had this issue. I wondered if the duplicate quest type did something.
Attachments
SAVE2.zip
(312.05 KiB) Downloaded 151 times

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

ferretofdoom wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:22 pm One point of reference... Two adjacent NPCs in an inn gave me 2 rescue quests (the child taken by Dark Brotherhood). I started both. I completed one successfully, but the second had this issue. I wondered if the duplicate quest type did something.
I think this is important but I don't have the technical knowledge necessary to know.

I confirm that the house is correct, since a warning message appears when I enter it. Tele2qspawn activates, albeit to a wrong place. There's no abducted child in the house. This might take some more investigation to see what went wrong. Thanks for reporting.

a0c10y02
https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... C10Y02.txt

Could you give us your version number of DFU?

Notes:

Code: Select all

place npc _child_ at _dbguild_ 
This should preclude any spawning errors; the child shouldn't be elsewhere.