I can't move

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Ommamar

I can't move

Post by Ommamar »

So I entered the Gold Hedgehog (sure do love there hedgehogs in Wayrest) through a door that was not by the sign. I can't move, initially the wall behind me was unrendered black then when I reloaded it was some crazy curve deal that moved around when I moved the view with my mouse.
Attachments
SAVE28.zip
(166.97 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

Ommamar

Re: I can't move

Post by Ommamar »

So this is even stranger, I thought well did you turn of mods so I went and disabled all. When I loaded it reset me outside the gates of Wayrest but still had the appearance of the Mountains and Hills mod which I checked and it was disabled according to the DFU menu.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

When you add/remove a mod that changes terrain sampler, your character will be placed on the ground near origin of terrain tile. You will see the message "terrain sampler changed" at top of screen when this happens. This is because each terrain sampler generates different terrain elevations, so the position in save data is no longer valud. The default terrain sampler (no mods) also has rolling hills and the like, it's just less dramatic then Mountains & Hills.

Are you able to enter the Gold Hedgehog now without any mods installed?

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

No I wasn't at the time of that save but there was a quest item that I think might of been causing the issue. Both the item and the quest in my log are gone so I will attempt to reenter the inn to see if I can move freely.

Usually when I get that message I am set outside the gates of the city which is what happened but still with the extreme grades you get in Mountains and Hills.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

It looks like that was what was causing the issue as I no longer have the item or the quest and can move about freely and interact with all the NPCs. The quest item was the lodestone which appeared to be the issue.