Two questions about alpha

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
apprihensivsoul

Two questions about alpha

Post by apprihensivsoul »

I love it. It even works well on an intel 3k. Almost.

I got (what I thought) was everything set up, but I have a strange... issue? So the terrain is covered with random blue tiles, resembling the water tiles. This was not there in the original. I may have missed some mention of this, but I couldn't find it anywhere. None of these tiles use the borders typical of pools of water in Daggerfall vanilla, so I'm unsure if it's intentional or not, it just looks like the ground changes colours. Might there be something I'm doing wrong?

On an unrelated issue, but I don't think it's a bug. The lighting is a little bright on textures, causing them to look washed out. I don't know if there's a way to tweak the contrast, but if there is, I'd like some help. I've seen in the DREAM mod screenshots (which I'm certain I can't run) that it doesn't always look like this, but I'm curious if there's a way to make the light not quite bleach everything to white.

Interkarma

Re: Two questions about alpha

Post by Interkarma »

The "water everywhere" problem is typically caused by a lower-end GPU unable to sample the tilemap correctly in shader. I've seen this most often with older integrated GPUs (such as your HD3000).

The minimum spec requires a dedicated graphics card around the level of a GeForce 660 from 2012. Your HD3000 is just a shade under that minimum spec. The lighting issue is very likely related.

I'm sorry I can't offer a better solution for you at this time. :(

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Too bright light appears during the mid of the day. The curve is too bright there. My guess is that it fits the vanilla maybe. But it doesnt look too good.

apprihensivsoul

Post by apprihensivsoul »

Just to confirm, King of Worms, you have the lighting issue too, on more modern hardware?

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

I just wanted to pipe in and say that I am running 2 SLI 460s and have basically no real problems.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.