[WIP]Airships - Update 0.2.7 [22 Sept 2020]

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
hokujin

Re: Airship Video

Post by hokujin »

don't really know anything about how Daggerfall does the overworld, but if it uses a heightmap then maybe you can use that to keep the ship locked at a certain space above the ground

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

That is really amazing!

Does that mean that it'd be possible to have real-time ship sailing with the ones you buy from the bank? Sailing the Illiac Bay with the distant lands in sight is dream I've been having for a pretty long time. :)
Last edited by Cliffworms on Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShortBeard

Post by ShortBeard »

Looks really cool! I love what this community is coming up with now that we can finally get our hands on modding for Daggerfall!

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Kaedius wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:25 am I've been messing around with adding airships to the game. Here's a quick video of how it works so far

The autopilot still slams into mountains sometimes, and I'd like to figure out the best way for the player to acquire one.

You should have to pay for it, and it should be VERY expensive, and NO guild membership, it's gonna lock some playstyles out, and EVERYBODY NEEDS THIS !
which brings be to my question: WHEN DO I GET IT :D
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Kaedius

Post by Kaedius »

Just wanted to give an update on the progress of this mod.

I've had less time than I'd like to work on this (isn't that always the case...), but the past few days I've tried hammering out the issues that were preventing me from an initial release. Mostly it was serializing things like ship position and dropped loot. At the moment, you may drop your loot on the ship and it'll properly persist during transit and saves.

So, I will post the mod here and likely host it on nexus in the coming days. There won't be any fancy quest or guild to acquire the ship as of yet, just an interface window with a configurable price that you can use to buy it. I'll probably just use some preset prices starting at 500k up to 5 million in 500k increments, and of course 0 if you want to just have the ship to play with. Other custom amounts can be added by editing the mod settings json file directly.

The initial release will also have an option to enable air traffic, which spawns ships occasionally that then fly to a random town in the world. The intent is to have random fly-bys, and they destroy themselves when out of range of the player, but if you follow one you can see where they were heading. This will be expanded upon in future releases, including pirates if you so choose. I'll try to post a video of pirates and boarding and crew members in the future, it's still fairly early but exciting to see.

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

Holy crap, this is amazing. Your video on the first page is so impressive! Is this compatible with Tedious Travel?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Awesome, just yesterday I was thinking about this mod, hoping its not abandoned :) Thank you!!

Kaedius

Post by Kaedius »

DFIronman wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:31 am Holy crap, this is amazing. Your video on the first page is so impressive! Is this compatible with Tedious Travel?
Yes, it'll be compatible with tedious travel. I added an Airship option to the transport menu, so it conflicts with DREAMs transport menu however. I might just use a version that prompts the user when "Ship" is clicked instead.

I'm shooting for a Monday release if the next DFU build gets released this weekend.

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

Sounds great, looking forward to it!

Kaedius

Re: [WIP]Airships Mod Update 0.2.0 - Charter Flights (9/27)

Post by Kaedius »

Just posted a new update! I didn't get to test this as thoroughly as I'd like, please let me know if there are any oddities regarding loot storage as I made some changes.

Also curious to hear opinions on charter flight restrictions and costs. It's fairly cheap at the moment. but I'm heavily biased towards keeping this balanced against Tedious Travel and not using fast-travel, so I like the idea of keeping costs higher and flights slightly less convenient in order to encourage flying close to a destination and then hoofing it from there rather than direct flights everywhere.

Also think adding some sort of fuel that needs to be bought might be on the menu.