Etiquette and Plain Robes

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Ommamar

Etiquette and Plain Robes

Post by Ommamar »

D
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Re: Etiquette and Plain Robes

Post by Interkarma »

The language-based pacification check is simply happening when player is close enough for their AI to engage. This is likely too high and will pacify enemies quite far away.

All of the equipment slots and layering work exactly like classic, and you can wear plain robes over armour. If you are experiencing otherwise, a save game would be useful to reproduce.

You cannot raise attributes over 100 without using a mod, this matches classic. You were likely using the DagSkills mod in classic that allowed attributes up to 200.

pango

Post by pango »

(ninja'ed :D )
Ommamar wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:07 pm What is the radius on Etiquette? I was in a dungeon fighting a sorcerer when I got the sorcerer is pacified with etiquette message but the one in front of me kept trying to bash me in my head. Further on I found one that was pacified but it was 4 turns and a couple floors away.
768 distance units
If that's the unit that's about one inch, it gives ~ 19.5m
Ommamar wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:07 pm In classic weren't you able to wear plain robes over your armor?
That should work. A screenshot would help diagnose the issue, if any.
Ommamar wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:07 pm Also it cast Jack of Trades but my luck is already at a 100 so didn't seem to have an effect, that is another thing I remember from classic was getting my attributes higher then 100 with items and spells.
Maybe you played with DagSkill patch?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

pango wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:42 pm (ninja'ed :D )
Ommamar wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:07 pm What is the radius on Etiquette? I was in a dungeon fighting a sorcerer when I got the sorcerer is pacified with etiquette message but the one in front of me kept trying to bash me in my head. Further on I found one that was pacified but it was 4 turns and a couple floors away.
768 distance units
If that's the unit that's about one inch, it gives ~ 19.5m
Ommamar wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:07 pm In classic weren't you able to wear plain robes over your armor?
That should work. A screenshot would help diagnose the issue, if any.
Ommamar wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:07 pm Also it cast Jack of Trades but my luck is already at a 100 so didn't seem to have an effect, that is another thing I remember from classic was getting my attributes higher then 100 with items and spells.
Maybe you played with DagSkill patch?
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

biz633

Post by biz633 »

I can get my topped out character to 130 with magical items, I have never used any cheats. Do you have skill enhancement magical items equipped?

Yagiza

Post by Yagiza »

I think making Etiquette, Streetwise and language skills passively used a really bad idea.
I understand that in 1996 Bethesda Softworks was not such a big company like it is now and they were in rush releasing Daggerfall. That's why a lot of things was unfinished or even not implemented. And Many of them left unfinished and unimplemented in later patches.
I hope, DFU will fix and implement them sooner or later.
One of such things is passive usinf of comminication skills and thiefs skils (like Stealth and Critical Strike).
I'm sure player should be able to try pacifying evemies himself by clicking them in Dialogue mode.
Also, intelligent enemies (humanoids and enemies, which have languages) should give player a chance to pacify them (do not attack player once they saw him) and even when they attacked the player, he should still have a chance (but lower) to do it.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

I would suggest that pacification be line of sight only. If this is one of those things that is the way it is because of an attempt to match the behavior of classic, I would then suggest that the notification of pacification be made line of sight. Of course line of sight pacification would be more realistic.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.