Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Cliffworms

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by Cliffworms »

Hi Kamer.

Thank you for the update. I've just tried Warm ashes for the first time yesterday and I love how much variety is added when traveling about and how it adds to the atmosphere.

While resting in a tavern, I was woken up by a group of warriors who came in celebrating. Considering how many they were, I wouldn't want to mess with them. :)

My character being a Thief, I've been able to avoid several wilderness encounters and even use my Streetwise to trick a highwayman.

As I was closing in on a random crypt I found by luck using Tedious Travel, I saw a vampire and 2 zombies wandering about. Needless to say, I rode away in an hurry, being only level 3.

Thanks for your hard work on Warm ashes. It makes wandering more interesting and dangerous.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Cliffworms wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:00 pm Hi Kamer.

Thank you for the update. I've just tried Warm ashes for the first time yesterday and I love how much variety is added when traveling about and how it adds to the atmosphere.

While resting in a tavern, I was woken up by a group of warriors who came in celebrating. Considering how many they were, I wouldn't want to mess with them. :)

My character being a Thief, I've been able to avoid several wilderness encounters and even use my Streetwise to trick a highwayman.

As I was closing in on a random crypt I found by luck using Tedious Travel, I saw a vampire and 2 zombies wandering about. Needless to say, I rode away in an hurry, being only level 3.

Thanks for your hard work on Warm ashes. It makes wandering more interesting and dangerous.
I like hearing stories like this :lol: Very glad you like it. Hoping to have more features for a Thief in the future. Had to remove the robberies of passive NPCs due to i stop working in later DFU versions though I think the error causing it was fixed.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

New version guys. Thanks to jay for bringing to light the Cities events breaking on installation or within dungeons randomly. When fixing this issue I also found another issue of bards not spawning in Cities. Also added reputation loss/gain with bards since that was originally supposed to be with V3 base release.

Download: WarmAshesV3.0.1

GreatSphynx

Post by GreatSphynx »

Does this new update require you to restart all the WA quests through the console on a save that has the 3.0 ones already activated?

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

GreatSphynx wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:25 am Does this new update require you to restart all the WA quests through the console on a save that has the 3.0 ones already activated?
You can just overwrite these files. 2.6 required a lot of mombo jumbo cause it was in between versions. Everything has been upgraded to the Version 3 system so its fine to just overwrite the older files.

The old version should still play out but after they restart, they will restart the newer quests.

EDIT: Im assuming you already installed WAQ3V

GreatSphynx

Post by GreatSphynx »

Yeah I have WA 3 installed and I went through the process of removing the 2.6 quests and activating the 3.0 quests on my current save. Good to know, thanks.

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Hi Kamer.

I've encountered a bard in a tavern whose song's message had something like this below in between rhymes.

"Song 18
--Message 1032" (or a similar number.)

I took a screen capture but forgot to paste it back in paint and lost it. The song's lyrics ended in "ell" such as "dwell", if it can help. :P

I wonder, did you take the lyrics from Daggerfall's unused poetry rhymes in Text.rsc?

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Cliffworms wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:44 am Hi Kamer.

I've encountered a bard in a tavern whose song's message had something like this below in between rhymes.

"Song 18
--Message 1032" (or a similar number.)

I took a screen capture but forgot to paste it back in paint and lost it. The song's lyrics ended in "ell" such as "dwell", if it can help. :P

I wonder, did you take the lyrics from Daggerfall's unused poetry rhymes in Text.rsc?
Yes, they are all from the unused poetry, I'll take a look at see what could be causing this.

Vondur

Post by Vondur »

Cliffworms wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:00 pm

Couldn't agree more with this. Its exactly the type of thing you "want" to run across.
Adventure Art: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLFHRO ... VAelOQrl3Q

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, DARK KNIGHT (No magicka): https://youtu.be/CO_WHL1cjNU

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, MAD GENIUS: https://youtu.be/gPL9xKpvet0

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

There is a bug right now if you use Recall from within a dungeon to teleport somewhere else like in a town, WA will think you are outside. I'm gonna try and make a quick fix for this. Just be aware of that. Recalling after exiting the dungeon seems fine though.