A Quest Item which wasn't supposed to be there

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Firebrand

A Quest Item which wasn't supposed to be there

Post by Firebrand »

I was doing this Fighters Guild quest:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Giant_Killing

when I killed the Giant, in his corpse I found a Magic Shirt, with a green background. From what I understand, that means it's a quest item. However, in that quest that quest item isn't supposed to be there.

I've tried two different scenarios:
1. I've tried to take it. I can complete the quest, but then the Magic Shirt is forever stuck in my inventory, since it's a quest item for a quest that doesn't exist. I cannot even identify it, since it requires to give it to the Odylic Mage :? :? :?
2. I've tried NOT to take it. I can complete the quest, and I don't have some weird Magic Shirt stuck in my inventory :lol: :lol: :lol:

From what I read on UESP, sometimes the Giant has some magical item on himself... but it's not supposed to be a quest item :roll:

An additional doubt: since it's a magic quest item, what happens if you use it too much? From what I've read, using all the charges in a magic item destroy it, but, what if it's a quest item? Can it be destroyed too? :?
Or, if you take that shirt, you'll be forever doomed to have it with you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Firebrand

Re: A Quest Item which wasn't supposed to be there

Post by Firebrand »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:23 pm Related: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2375&p=27674&p27677 :)
I haven't opened his save game, but from the description looks like we were on the same quest :lol:

If it can be useful, I've made a save after killing the giant, before taking the Magic Shirt from his corpse, before going back to the Fighters Guild in Daggerfall to complete the quest.

Behold the cursed Shirt! :lol: :?
Attachments
SAVE26.rar
(238.03 KiB) Downloaded 165 times

Interkarma

Re: A Quest Item which wasn't supposed to be there

Post by Interkarma »

I need to fix this, sorry for the inconvenience. I could have sworn I did fix it, but clearly not. :)