Video Thread

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
BansheeXYZ

Re: Video Thread

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Teralitha wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:25 pmWatching this video has revealed that the in game tutorial has incorrect button assignments. That will need fixing in case you guys arent aware of it already. Most people probably skip the tutorial and would never see the errors.
Rewording the tutorial is a waste of time, it should be nuked from orbit. Glancing at the hotkey screen teaches you more and faster, without ruining the immersion of the first dungeon with interruptive prompts. Also, if you've played the game before, which most everyone has, you're forced to click that "no" prompt every single time you create a character. I've probably clicked it 1000 times in my life. Reminds me of another prompt we recently got rid of.

Azteca

Post by Azteca »

BansheeXYZ wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:44 am
Teralitha wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:25 pmWatching this video has revealed that the in game tutorial has incorrect button assignments. That will need fixing in case you guys arent aware of it already. Most people probably skip the tutorial and would never see the errors.
Rewording the tutorial is a waste of time, it should be nuked from orbit. Glancing at the hotkey screen teaches you more and faster, without ruining the immersion of the first dungeon with interruptive prompts. Also, if you've played the game before, which most everyone has, you're forced to click that "no" prompt every single time you create a character. I've probably clicked it 1000 times in my life. Reminds me of another prompt we recently got rid of.
Your experience is not universal. The tutorial needs work but no, most people have not played Daggerfall and many who tried found it frustrating or confusing. If you’ve created 1000 characters since DFU has been out, that’s on you :lol: one click is something I can endure being “forced” to do.
It’s true that in its present state I ended up checking the controls a bunch and mostly going off of that. But it’s not necessarily a bad idea.

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Azteca wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:10 pmand many who tried found it frustrating or confusing.
Maybe the old controls were, but not now. Didn't Daggerfall default to cursor instead of mouselook? All the confusion now is about overly hidden mechanics. We get weekly questions about townfolk treating new characters like criminals because their PER is too low. PER's description says nothing about affecting reactions, and reputation, which also affects reactions, is invisible. Another problem with invisible rep is people can't see if the reputation enchantments stack, so they come here and ask about that too.

I'm trying to imagine what it would it would be like to put Daggerfall tutorials in every game...
smbtut.png
smbtut.png (10.27 KiB) Viewed 4942 times

Azteca

Post by Azteca »

Lady Lilia making a very helpful video in response to questions from her viewers (which means interest in actually playing it - yay). Link to it liberally.

pango

Post by pango »

Cruising in snowy Daggerfall for the lulz!

Not sure how much of this is modding, how much is editing, but I enjoyed it either way :D
Thanks!
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Azteca

Post by Azteca »

Mod video, featuring DREAM!

pango

Post by pango »

Stream of the loot...
Like, 4 or 5 elven weapons right from Privateer's Hold before reaching level 2, and it goes on with (up to) elven armor pieces.
Not sure what could cause that... (DFU 0.10.3)
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/463863920
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango »

Lady Lilia selection of mods...
She did a very personal selection of mods, which is cool, the more choices the merrier (otherwise why have mods at all):
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango »

MidknightPrince / Galactic Chicken is back with a very moody video, featuring the Improved Interior Lighting mod, good stuff!

You can clearly hear the sound hiccup when UI windows are closed though :(
That's the kind of stuff that makes you go crazy once you noticed it
Last edited by pango on Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-- Charles Goodhart

Rytelier

Post by Rytelier »

These ambient sounds are pretty cool!
They replace music, but I wasn't fan of it anyway. Would be cool to make music independent ambient sound mod though.