[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.83c)

Post by King of Worms »

Hi mate, thanks for the update!

Id like to add that the "too shiny" problem was also visible at the new fighters guild building, not sure it was corrected along with the city walls?

Add the lights:
210_22-0 is missing, would be cool to have it done, if you dont want to make a new model, u can use 210_26-0 - its very similar and its already done ;)
210_27-0 is missing, its the same model as 210_24/25/26 just without the chain, should be relatively easy to do. U can see these lanterns at the entrance to the Daggerfall castle inside for example.

Thanks for working on this, its a really great mod!!!

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Another (not-so-) shiny update - I just did some quick testing, and it looks great. The floating fountains are indeed fixed, and both the city walls and fighters' guild walls look much better, without that glaring "sunspot" reflection on the surface. Addressing those vanilla lights KoW mentioned would be very nice in a future update, but the mod is already pretty amazing. Thanks for your continued support!

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Thanks for the update! It looks great :)

I can confirm, no more shining on the stonewall of the Fighters Guild building. There's still glare however on the wooden door at the entrance, but we may just assume that in that guild they love waxing doors! :lol:

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Yeah, I noticed that wooden door glare as well, but thought it might have been intentional(?).

Circuitous

Post by Circuitous »

Minor bug, but the shelves in this Clothing Store configuration are so wide you can't walk between them (see attached).

And since I'd hate for my only feedback to be a bug, I'd like to add that I love these models. They really retain the charm of Daggerfall's old flat models and fit right into the world around them.

Are you looking for help with model creation?
Attachments
2019-08-06_00-47-25.jpg
2019-08-06_00-47-25.jpg (266.69 KiB) Viewed 4449 times

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Circuitous wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:49 am Minor bug, but the shelves in this Clothing Store configuration are so wide you can't walk between them (see attached).

And since I'd hate for my only feedback to be a bug, I'd like to add that I love these models. They really retain the charm of Daggerfall's old flat models and fit right into the world around them.

Are you looking for help with model creation?
Thanks! Will fix that, I am mostly looking for help with texturing, I have a bunch of gravestone models that need textures.

I am working on redesigning the fireplace model

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:31 pm Hi mate, thanks for the update!

Id like to add that the "too shiny" problem was also visible at the new fighters guild building, not sure it was corrected along with the city walls?

Add the lights:
210_22-0 is missing, would be cool to have it done, if you dont want to make a new model, u can use 210_26-0 - its very similar and its already done ;)
210_27-0 is missing, its the same model as 210_24/25/26 just without the chain, should be relatively easy to do. U can see these lanterns at the entrance to the Daggerfall castle inside for example.

Thanks for working on this, its a really great mod!!!
This and the fact that the fighters guild building is also unclickable. i.e. You are unable to identify it in the view mode and must click on the door.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I can create something.
I need a dimensions of the texture... maybe send me the old ones and I can upgrade em?
Can these textures utilize normal maps for example? Normal and height maps usually are enough to make anything look good.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

AlexanderSig wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:03 pm New release: v1.83c
  • Floating fountains fixed
  • City wall shininess greatly reduced.
  • Applied TheLacus’ object positioner script to all candles, goblets and bottles so they are no longer floating in the air. (reported by Uncanny_Valley)
  • Applied TheLacus’ updated wall positioner script to wall torches.
  • Candles have a new particle effect
  • Reduced particle count of torches by ~20% to improve performance.
  • Fixed missing collision box for drawer/sack shelf combination model.
  • Changed collision box for the cage model to attempt to fix issue where it was impossible to hit enemies inside cages (reported by Jaiysaun, untested)
  • Made the breastplate in weapon racks clickable (reported by jayhova)
  • Fixed drawers that were upside down.
  • Fixed clickable area for brown chest loot pile (reported by King of Worms)
Download links are in the first post of this topic.

I am not sure what is causing the weird artifacting bug but it doesn't seem to be related to an update to this mod, seems more likely it's related to the engine or conflicts with other mods.
SWEET !
Thank you
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

It is faster since you updated on my end, next time if you want to check it just go in to Daggerfall Castle, or wayrest..
Check out my YouTube Channel!